Look what I got for $25

-

BigRichieO

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I was a my local junk yard and found a '68 Dart 270 and it still had the thumb wheel radio in it. I think I got a pretty good deal on it, I know it isn't in mint or show condition but I thought it would be cool to have one, and for $25 bucks you can't beat that. I figure if I don't want to use I should be able to sell it for at least the 25 that I bought it for. Just thought I would share.

Rich

DSC04161.jpg

If you can remove the lens, some Novus plexi polish would make it look brand new! You can have those things converted to modern electronics ya know, that's what I plan to do with my AM radio.

where would you be able to get it converted. I would always like a modern head unit but the nostalgic look is great :). That unit you picked up looks great btw!

Vintage Auto Radio I just got a quote and this is what Steve said "$395.00 + shipping and insurance back to you. and we are currently backlogged at around 3 weeks for this service right now,..we do a lot of thumbwheel radio's!"

This was for an AM to FM conversion

Vintage Auto Radio I just got a quote and this is what Steve said "$395.00 + shipping and insurance back to you. and we are currently backlogged at around 3 weeks for this service right now,..we do a lot of thumbwheel radio's!"

This was for an AM to FM conversion

Oh man, lol, that's kind of a lot...I might be better off buying a new head unit.

-
Back