Looking at a new summer dd project.

-

CanadianGT

Reaction score
So lately I've been getting bored with my 98 SS/T not that it's not a blast to drive or anything, it handles like a dream for a pickup truck, but still getting bored. I figured I've got enough spare parts and extra parts that I could assemble an older car for a daily driver. I found what looks like a decent little project car looks solid from the photo's I have and he's going to send me photo's at the end of the month and he's back home. it's a 1952 dodge regent far as I can tell.

da0b_20.JPG

dc6e_20.JPG

dc6a_20.JPG

dd8a_20.JPG

I can already see that I have some repair works to do because of the broken hood hinge(I'm guessing the mount rusted) and fixing the hood handles because they seem to be pointing in weird directions. little dings and dents here and there but seems good.

I figure if I end up getting it I'll use some of the unused parts that I won't need for the 68 to build it up. I have a 79 slant six and a 74 4 speed that I could use. I'd hook up a hydraulic clutch and likely rebuild the stock rear axle, repair any structural rust issues and then probably leave the body as is. Any suggestions? I've already come to the conclusion that the dart is a long term project because I want it to be a "daily driver" but mostly a road course car, but the main part of doing up an older car would be because A) I love older vehicles, I think honestly the 98 is the newest thing I'll own because I just have no desire to deal with the bs the auto manufacturers have put out, B)I have never driven a car I've actually enjoyed other then my brothers 80 road runner. I used to work for a auto auction to so thats saying something I used to drive any kind of car to the auction block. I've only ever driven trucks lol I know a 53/54 dodge regent wouldn't ride much like a car but it sure would be fun.

So I dunno opinions guys?

I'm also looking at a 1954 Regent but don't have pictures of it yet. the above car is listed at 600 bucks.

I'm thinking of maybe buying a newer rear diff and graft in a 78 volare front suspension system for a better ride and better highway use.

-
Back