looking for 2 '72 dart hubs 10-11"

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
its a 10" disc brake hub. every where I check. it says the 72 dart has 10-11" disc hubs. what i'm doing is converting my 65 dart from drum on the front to disc with 72 dart parts. everything works perfect except I don't hub brake hubs. I went to the auto parts store to match it up the spindle and by the size of the bearing the computer said 10-11 inch disc brakes. the 9 inch has a smaller bearing. thanx

Ok, I'm out. I misread your ad it sounded like you wanted a hub for a 10 inch DRUM brake. That's what I have.
Be careful. you are opening a big can of expensive worms. The only disc brake setup offered on 65-72 A body was the Kelsey Hayes setup which uses it's own specific spindle AND caliper brackets (have you considered THEM?). If you get a drum brake spindle, the caliper bracket is not going to bolt to it even if the bearing fits!

After you find the spindle and caliper brackets, the replacement parts are outrageous with calipers running over 200 EACH. The rotors arent cheap either. There was a FABO member advertising a complete rebuilt set in the $785 range for everything and that's a very good deal!

Many people use the 73-76 A body setup to convert. For that you also have to change your upper control arm. The new rotors are big bolt pattern (4 1/2 inch instead of the 4 inch that you now have and the Kelsey Hayes keeps).

You can get the newer setup in the $250-$300 range and the replacements parts are much cheaper. but then you need to switch your rear axles to BBP as well.
Good luck!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=191554

I'm the guy that Greg is refering to, about the disc brake set up's.

Clink on the above link, what i have listed over in the for sale section of this forum.

For your information, disc brake hubs, are on the unobtanium, dinosaur eggs, hens teeth, list, now-a-days.
Very difficult to find, let alone purchase.
I can't even source them anymore, for my rebuilding.
One of the reasons that i'm not going to do them anymore, after these are gone.
Jim V.

I thought you were looking for drum stuff also. But I do have a left side spindle and a hub or two for the KH set up.

By the way, you will also have to convert the single brake line and master cylinder system on the 65 to a dual master DISC BRAKE master cylinder setup with a proportioning valve.

Disc brakes used different master cylinders than drum brakes. 65 and 66 cars used a one tank master cylinder that served all 4 wheels. If you lost a brake line you lost it all.

In 67 they went to the safer dual tank master cylinders. You will need the parts for a 67-72 with disc brakes and a disc brake master cylinder to match. Like I said, expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back