Looking for 225 power steering pump help

-

Michael Brisebois

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got a new project: a 1962 Dodge D100 pickup. There were soo few made with power steering, that the original equipment can't be found.
I bought a kit from "Easy Street" and with a lot of fuss, i got the knuckle into a spot, that it might actually work. The pump that was supplied, cannot.
I can't mount it mount to the block, as it's a Saginaw style and I've been unable to find a bracket for.

I'm looking for to find a pump and bracket for a 225 slant six
Anyone got one for sale? gotta have all the brackets

Put an ad in the wanted section. Since it's here I'll comment. I think 65 up had Saginaw but, not sure. There are specs floating around regarding pressures. I have a 440 w/Saginaw now but, have also used a federal on the original /6. The original equipment "power assist" can be rebuilt. Any hydraulic shop can make the hoses or buy the fittings online. I've rebuilt the power assist and also used a CPP steering box. Go electric! I've seen several folks using them on Sweptlines. My 2cents Craig

I really appreciate the 2 cents.

I'd hate to change directions now...but I got to do something. I've been on this project for nearly a year now. I'll look at CCP

Thanks

Kinda late here but I do have a complete 225 PS pump and bracket, Saginaw pump complete. Came off a 70s pickup. Let me know if you still need one

-
Back