Looking for 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it complete? What do you want for it and what condition is it in?

I would have to look up shipping costs. But am interested. Have any idea? Ill get back.

Sometimes, you can find private parties that are making the trek that will transport it for a few bucks. Since Fall FLing is coming up, I know that several Mopar folks from yoiur area drive down to the show in SoCal (Im in NorCal) and pass by. You can also check the transportation section on Moparts. Once in awhile, you have people making runs up and down the coast and will take it for a little extra cash while they are hauling a car.

Otherwise, I could look into placing it on a pallet for you and have it ready for a freight company to pick up or send it in a few heavy duty boxes through UPS. There is also the possibility of using Greyhound Freight which is very cheap compared to the other services. It is a little distance from me but we could discuss it.

Don't have an engine, but you might look into Yellow Freight for shipping. Bought a Mini engine and gearbox from CA. Weight is about 350 lbs or so. He drained it, wrapped it in plastic pallet wrap, wrapped it in card board and then another layer of pallet wrap plastic around it. Then strapped it to a pallet he must have got from behind some local store. He used proper cam type tie downs to do it.

Probably could be put together in the bed of a truck and that way you would not have to worry about how to get the wrapped engine up on there.

He then took the thing to a Yellow freight terminal. Shipped it to me as household goods of all things. Arrived to the local Yellow Freight terminal and me and a mate just went down, paid the ship bill (about $150 if I remember right) and they forked it into the back of his truck.

Maybe cheaper out there, but just thought I'd chime in with a possible for you on ship from somewhere. I thought it was pretty resonable and the whole process seemed pretty painless.

Best of luck!

Cheers

How fast do you need it? Im in the process of building a pretty stout little 'teen for a car that I sold. But I still have the parts for the motor but havent finished putting it together. KB flat tops, .030 over, recon rods with ARPs, forged crank, Eddy Perf. RPM cam, ported heads. Let me know! [email protected]

Hey 66Barracuda,

How about a quick reply to my emails re: the 360? A yes or no would suffice. I went to the trouble of finding someone from your area that would transport it on his way back from Fall Fling in SoCal back to Washington (for $50) and he is waiting on me. I agreed to bring it to Fall Fling and give it to him (and I am almost 6 hours away) to make this happen. If you found something else, fine. Again, just a quick email with a yes or no would be nice.

Hey 66Barracuda,

How about a quick reply to my emails re: the 360? A yes or no would suffice. I went to the trouble of finding someone from your area that would transport it on his way back from Fall Fling in SoCal back to Washington (for $50) and he is waiting on me. I agreed to bring it to Fall Fling and give it to him (and I am almost 6 hours away) to make this happen. If you found something else, fine. Again, just a quick email with a yes or no would be nice.

Why dont you email me the specs of that 360. I got a buddy looking for one, not much available around here but for $50 shipping we could afford that. Email specs and a price to [email protected] Thanks!

I have a BRAND NEW remanufactured 318 long block that has never been fired available here in our warehouse in Lakewood Wa. It's bolted up to an engine stand right now. It has a front timing cover, balancer, and a 3 groove crank pulley installed, an oil sender installed, and an oil pan installed. Some of these components may need to be changed to drop it in a 66 cuda, but they are there and come with it.

I'm asking $1100 and I can furnish all the pics you want.

According to the western WA zip code in your profile, you're only about 45 minutes away if that. You're more than welcome to stop by and see it in person before you buy if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back