looking for 73-76 a body disc brakes

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wanting to put disc brakes on my 67 satellite was told i should look for 73-76 a body disc brake stuff.. not real knowledgeable about it all

I don't know if it will work either but I have the parts you need attached to a 1975 Dart Swinger. Stillwater about one hour south of the Kansas border. Ark City is straight north of me. PM if you are interested.

I had a 73 satellite with disc brakes and the looked to be the same asthe disc brakes on my 73 dart. It's the control arms that I doubt are the same. But I am sure someone will know

I had a 73 satellite with disc brakes and the looked to be the same asthe disc brakes on my 73 dart. It's the control arms that I doubt are the same. But I am sure someone will know

Yeah, you're exactly right. The spindles are all very similar and easily interchange. The control arms are the big difference. I've got a set of spindles from an F body with the backing plates and caliper brackets. I think I've still got the caliper cores somewhere but would have to check it out. I'd take $100 for all of it. It's been sandblasted already but has been sitting for about a year so it has some light surface rust on it. They could easily be wiped off and painted. I'm about an hour north of you straight up 75. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

The spindles from a 73-76 A body OR a 73-74 E body will bolt right to the existing upper and lower control arms on a 64-72 b body. The 73-76 b bodies changed the entire front suspension with different arms. For the pre-72 B body, it's the easiest swap in the world. If you want to go all-out and use the big police rotors you simply change caliper brackets.
This article helps a lot.
http://www.moparaction.com/tech/archive/disc-main.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back