Looking for 8-3/4 suregrip rear for my A-body

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im from ontario and I am looking for a 8-3/4 suregrip rear for my 71 scamp...i've seen some going for about $700 US....is this the going rate for one of these rite now? If anyone has a rear for sale or knows where i can get one for a good deal, then please let me know...i know national moparts stocks rearends, but im not sure on the cost for them...
thanks canadian brothers8)

Are you looking for the whole rearend, or just the center section?

Im looking for the whole rearend, preferably an a-body one, but it doesnt have to be...however, it needs to be a suregrip....im going to post a wanted ad on the for sale section of the site as well

you can pay big bucks for an abody rear,or,pay like $100.00 for a c body rear,have it narrowed for like $200.00,buy new axles for $300.00 or so,buy a center section with the gear and suregrip you want for $150.00- @ $400.00.The difference is,if you put a lot of power through the factory abody rear,the axles will break!I have broke quite a few sets of factory abody axles,there people on here that will even give them away.If your car is stock,or very mild,and you dont plant to race with it,or do any burnputs,youll proib be ok.I got lucky an found my A body 8.75 for $50.00,with 2.76 gear and single traction,but i wouldnt take $400.00 for it right now.Im sure i can find a 3.23 -3.91 sure grip for a couple hundred bucks some were,if i look hard enough,and when i brake the stock axles,ill have a set of mosers axles made for it

Toby-
Where can I find a Sure Grip center section for a couple hundred bucks? I'd buy right now.

George

I had one listed here for $750 with a 3:23 Sure grip.....Lucky for me no one bought it! A local guy offered me $450.00 for just the housing & axles, so I sold it. When I pulled it apart, the 3:23 was actually a very clean 3:55! That may be for sale, but not for a couple hundred dollars! I have it on eBay for $400, it it does sell it's going in my 70 Runner!! 8)

Toby,
I wish I read that ad. I would have purchased it.

I think MoparGod's prices are more of what I'm used to seeing for a Sure Grip center section.

George

i posted this in the Canada regional thread hoping to get some Canadian responses...any of you fellow canadians know where i can get a good deal on a rearend?

I don,t know if you found one yet,but i have one in my garage 8 3/4 3.23 gears out of a 73 road runner which i believe is a c body???has 5x4 1/2 bolt pattern.I,m in Oakville,Ontario,CANADA get back to me i,ll give you my# come have a peek

i already have the stuff guys....thanks anyways thought

john you finally joined! :cheers:i was about to reply with a link for you. make sure you get yourself setup on here as a vendor. guys here is a great guy that can help you out alot with brakes and rear ends. gears, posi units, the whole works. give him a call like he says!!

p.s. john did you get my email i sent you?

john you finally joined! :cheers:i was about to reply with a link for you. make sure you get yourself setup on here as a vendor. guys here is a great guy that can help you out alot with brakes and rear ends. gears, posi units, the whole works. give him a call like he says!!

p.s. john did you get my email i sent you?
Got it, thanks for all your help!!
John

I don,t know if you found one yet,but i have one in my garage 8 3/4 3.23 gears out of a 73 road runner which i believe is a c body???has 5x4 1/2 bolt pattern.I,m in Oakville,Ontario,CANADA get back to me i,ll give you my# come have a peek
is it a third member, or drum to drum?
John 970-454-2636

Im looking for the whole rearend, preferably an a-body one, but it doesnt have to be...however, it needs to be a suregrip....im going to post a wanted ad on the for sale section of the site as well
I do custom build, all 8.75s.
John,...my ebay stuff Mopar madness Store on ebay

-
Back