Looking for a 383!!! Running near nj will drive!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

70dusterpink

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys this is my first post!! If I do something wrong let me know! I'm Jim I just picked up my first a body and first classic a 1970 duster that I want to stuff a 383 in. I'm 20 and hope I find some good info on the site. So anyway I am looking for a older 383 one with the higher compression or one rebuilt with at least 9.0 compression. Not looking for a brand new bored engine can't afford it wish I could but something in the low dollar range just a basic running engine that I can drop in stock and as I get money do cam and intake change. Thanks alot let me know what you have

Just because I'm curious... Why a 383?? Just wondering??

You can check Craigslist in your area too. That always helps! :)

Good luck, and welcome to FABO!

Good question. I was wanted a big block that is cheap but still make good power. So I first thought 440 then I saw headers are 550 and up!!!! Then I found how b body hedman headers fit a low deck 383 in a a body. Also I found a article where they toke a 9.5 compression 383 added a cam and intake and headers and made 450hp 450tq. So basically that's why I went 383 haha thanks for the question.. Ooo and craigslist has nothing in my area I looked all over haha

its not a 383 but i have 340 im selling.this would make your car hum.its a 73 340 complete and running.im in central.pa.well within driving distance too.asking 1200.00 o.b.o. very rare find to have a running 340. ive seen bottom ends of 340s go for what im asking for the complete,running motor.thanks,mike.

Cuda crazy I will think about that for sure. I know how much 340 have been going for and yours is a good price I would still have to sve for awhile to afford it.I really been looking big block

I have a running 383 complete engine minus carb. I just pulled it from my Dart and it's sitting on a cart looking for a new home. Located in Maryland. PM if interested.

Hello Folks,
I haven't been here in avery long time.. But I do have a 1968 383 HP block & main Caps. I can ship inexpensively through www.forwardair.com which is sent by plane. You must go to an airport to pick it up, other than UPS charging big bucks. Now this engine block has been checked which I was going to use for a 73 Dodge Dart Sport or a 68 RR I do have many other parts as well like 4bbl intakes, carbs, water pump housings, cams, cranks, point distributors for 318, 340, 383 & 400.. I even have doors to fit 1967 & 1970-74 duster, Air cleaners, power steering pumps, A body Auto. trans. crossmembers & more.. You can reply at [email protected] Call 716-467-0950

Hey thanks for the thought but I'm looking for one that runs that I won't have to tear apart the bottom end untill I can get the funds

I was recently referred to a new auction website called copart.com. Last Friday I did a few searches nationwide and there was an old chrysler/dodge in their NJ lot for sale. opening bid was like 100 bucks. going from memory so if not completely accurate forgive the error, but this does seem like a good resource. There was even a Jensen interceptor (with a 383) for sale with a similiar opening bid. Good Luck!

The 360 engine and trans we PM'd about wont be available until the spring so if you dont come by anything before, give me a try again. I would suggest that you include looking for a 360 as well as the 383.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back