looking for a 8 3/4

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they're cheaper in CA than they are in the south! be prepared to spend some serious cash. I just bought an open 3.23 with small BP axles for $500.

May want to consider a B body housing too. They seem to go for a little less and if you are going to cut it, why not.

ya this housing is bare but it comes with nothing and if i cant use anyhitng from my 8 1/4 gonna be a B**** to find them.... but a friend found a dana 60 for me it just needs to be cut and new axles o crap
do i need a new drive shaft????

If you're going with BBP axles you should be able to use all your brake stuff from the 8.25. You will have to shorten your driveshaft but that depends on what your setup is now.

The 8.25 is fine for a 12 second street car. You can buy gears and limited slips for them.

thats what i thought, but i want to use slicks or m/t sportsman et and i heard slicks hurt the rear

I have a modified c body rear end I may sell, it's a little narrower than an a body to fit 8.5" torque thrust D's and offset spring hangers. It's large bolt pattern.

Hey DB so you know an a body 8.75 measures 51.400 inches wide flange to flange and a 62 to 70 b body measures 55 inches so if you find one of these cheap you can buy rims with 2 additional inches of backspace ,move the perches to match your springs which i believe are 44 inches center to center and its a bolt in.

Hey DB so you know an a body 8.75 measures 51.400 inches wide flange to flange and a 62 to 70 b body measures 55 inches so if you find one of these cheap you can buy rims with 2 additional inches of backspace ,move the perches to match your springs which i believe are 44 inches center to center and its a bolt in.

The B bod perches is only i think a 1\4 of an inch off on each side i should say. so if you can't weld you could pull the spring in a quarter of an inch and bolt it in. I've got a b bod rear i'm going to cut the perches to move in a 1\4 on each side.

hey dodge freak ,couldnt you fill in the locator hole with rod and just redrill or even notch the hole

A body 8 3/4 are actually 52 3/8, not 51.400 like that chart that's floating around states, IIRC.

A body perches are 43". 62-70 B rear is 44" so they are 1/2 inch wider on each side. Lots of people just pull the springs to get them on the locator pins.

Another method would be to take a piece of 1/4" plate, drill the locator hole in it, place on top of spring, put rear on top of that plate. Then tack the whole thing together once centered in the car. Finish weld it off the springs so as not to input an heat to them. It's HBE (hillbilly Engineering) at best, and I've done it before, but, will get you by in a pinch. You might have to drill a holes/notch the perch to get U bolts to align with shock plate.

8 3/4 BANJO REAR.3.23 NON SUREGRIP WITH 44"PERCHES 59

i found this one but i need different gears do you think i can sell the case to get 4.10 or 3.91 with sure grip??

I have an 8.75 full drum to drum. It's from a truck, and I also have a full Auburn posi with timken bearings sitting in my garage with 3.55 gears in it.
I also have an e-body rear end housing that may be narrower (or wider, I dont know...these were for my car that never got done:( ) that you could swap the desired parts over from.

Im located in San Diego, maybe we could meet some where.

PS- Hey Im Tony, from San Diego. New to the board. a Buddy of mine sent me this way. Nice to finally see a freakin MOPAR forum for once!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back