-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DART DAD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a 8 1/4 rear end for an A body. would like 323 or 355 posi / sure grip. I do have a fresh 8 3/4 B body 355 sure grip that I would be willing to sell or trade. Thanks, Rob

Wish shipping wasn't an issue... I was contemplating upgrading to an 8 3/4. How fresh is your rebuild?

I just built an 8 1/4 rear, auburn cone-style lsd, richmond 3.55 gears, all new timken bearings, and mounting brackets for disc brakes. Never been used.

It was rebuilt a year ago by rumblefish ltd. It has not been on a car. This is a drum brake rear.

Pretty simple.....money.Once upon a time, when we all had more income, I had originally bought the 8 3/4 which was supposed to be for an "A" body. It was very late, about 6 months, and I thought the guy took my money, but suddenly it showed up, (with help from NY DA's Office) but was a "B" body, and In the meantime I bought a DANA 60 for that build. If I sell the 8 3/4 I can have the 8 1/4 re-built. If I keep the 8 3/4 I do not have the $$ to have it cut down. It was built by Joey Balboa of rumblefish ltd. web site if your interested is http://rumblefish.bizland.com/store/index.html

What year b-body rear end? I know some of them can be used without cutting into them and just getting different backspacing on the wheels... But I guess if money is the issue, a good 8-1/4" is the way to go.

Good luck on the sale/trade.

I do have a small amount of room, but When I got the car It had nice wheel vintique chrome ralley wheels on it, in small bolt pattern. I do have spacer/converters for it at 1 1/4" thickness. So that would push each wheel out 3 inches and would rub the wheel wells. Anyway I found somebody who needs the rear end. We are trying to work out transportation. Thanks, Rob

The posi rear end is sold, I'm sorry, the sure grip rear end is sold.Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back