Looking for a Fan Shroud?

-

Moparman67

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart with a 340, over 15 years ago I installed a 22" 3-core rad which I obtained from a local Mopar Restoration business. I want to place a fan shroud on it now that I rebuilt the 340 it runs a little hotter, however I cannot decode the number on the radiator. Can anybody help, I found one on-line site that did not even list this part number. The number stamped on the top of the radiator is 2949015. The restoration shop I bought it from can't help or is too busy to show any interest.

Here are my pics.. hard to show the entire rad while in the car. However the mounting screw dimensions center to center are 21 3/4" wide and just under 14" high.

Attachments

• 340_rad.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 333
  • dart_rad.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 303
  • rad_numbers.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 307
That looks like the same style radiator as the 68 & 69 a bodies. The one from the link for mancini that I posted should work...

You will need the fan shroud mounting kit. Dante's has them. Not cheap. Also has factory style shrouds.

Sorry, mine is actually 2898067. But yeah, it looks very similar to yours.

0614151954_zpsukaxj2tm.jpg

0707151803_zpsemxgtrpe.jpg

0707151808a_zpsmjx9j6zd.jpg

I was under the impression that the '325' for later A bodies should would work because the outlet is on the passenger side. The '614' shroud is for the driver's side outlet.

Yes.. .that looks identical to mine. My car was originally a slant six car and I just had the rad re-cored. I think I will call mancini and order from them.
Thanks for the advice.

Where the lower hose attaches doesn't amount to much. The 614 shroud has 1 corner ( lower left ) tapered off just a little to clear the ears of that factory hose clamp. So if the lower is on the other side, a different clamp or orientation of the OEM clamp is all that is needed.

Where the lower hose attaches doesn't amount to much. The 614 shroud has 1 corner ( lower left ) tapered off just a little to clear the ears of that factory hose clamp. So if the lower is on the other side, a different clamp or orientation of the OEM clamp is all that is needed.

Is that the only difference?

I wonder if a slant 6 shroud would work...

You will need the fan shroud mounting kit. Dante's has them. Not cheap. Also has factory style shrouds.

They just mount with 4 u-clips and small screws/bolts.

they should be available through the fastener vendors like Mr. G's or someone if you can't find anything at a local parts or hardware store that will work...

There is a set of 4 factory correct fasteners ( 8 pieces ) in the aftermarkets catalogs but... any 1/4 inch 'U' nuts and 3/4 length bolts and 4 flat washers will work. And yes the slant 6 shroud is pretty much identical less the tapered corner location and part number.

The radiator in my 1967 notchback has a the number of 38086, but just above that number there is a blank spot -- no number. My car originally had a 273 with A/C.

My radiator is different from yours in that top connection and overflow tube are on the opposite sides. Anyway, it was leaking beyond repair so I bought a new 4-row radiator and fan shroud from Classic Industries. The closest available shroud (MA2227) was for a 68 - 69, so I went for it since the radiator was supposed to fit 67 -69. I'm not that impressed with the notch for the lower water connection. I think the Mancini shroud might be a better fit, but I can make mine work.

As the other guys said, the shroud attaches right to the radiator with 4 screws and u-shaped clips - probably available at a good hardware store. Don't make the screws too long or you could drive them through a tube in the radiator.

After looking at the fit between the shroud and radiator, I plan to add some extra material to the shroud to reduce air bypass around the radiator. This should slightly improve engine cooling and also pull a little more air through the condenser coil if you have one.

View attachment IMG_1491.jpg

The radiator in my 1967 notchback has a the number of 38086, but just above that number there is a blank spot -- no number. My car originally had a 273 with A/C.

My radiator is different from yours in that top connection and overflow tube are on the opposite sides. Anyway, it was leaking beyond repair so I bought a new 4-row radiator and fan shroud from Classic Industries. The closest available shroud (MA2227) was for a 68 - 69, so I went for it since the radiator was supposed to fit 67 -69. I'm not that impressed with the notch for the lower water connection. I think the Mancini shroud might be a better fit, but I can make mine work.

As the other guys said, the shroud attaches right to the radiator with 4 screws and u-shaped clips - probably available at a good hardware store. Don't make the screws too long or you could drive them through a tube in the radiator.

After looking at the fit between the shroud and radiator, I plan to add some extra material to the shroud to reduce air bypass around the radiator. This should slightly improve engine cooling and also pull a little more air through the condenser coil if you have one.

View attachment 1714830867

that shroud doesn't look right to me. I suppose it will work if the bolt holes line up.
38086 is stamped into the tank identifying it alone. Radiator number stamped in a tag and attached with solder at a stamped rectangle in the tank. Maybe it was never there and maybe it simply fell off. Solder isn't a great all purpose adhesive.

I am running into a similar issue and wanted to know if the '68 & '69 shrouds worked? I have a '67 Dart GT that had the engined changed from the 273 to the 360, and I currently do not have a shroud. I am running into the issue that Year One, Classic Industries and Mancini Racing are saying the '68 & '69 are not compatible.

Danged if I know why. Maybe they think the 360 has some difference. Maybe there is something different about their shroud.
I do have the slant 6 and V8 OEM shrouds here. 67 and 68 b'cudas too. With 273s and cast iron water pumps I still cant prove them wrong.
good luck

I have a 67 Dart with a 340, over 15 years ago I installed a 22" 3-core rad which I obtained from a local Mopar Restoration business. I want to place a fan shroud on it now that I rebuilt the 340 it runs a little hotter, however I cannot decode the number on the radiator. Can anybody help, I found one on-line site that did not even list this part number. The number stamped on the top of the radiator is 2949015. The restoration shop I bought it from can't help or is too busy to show any interest.
Are you still active? Have a question on what upper radiator hose your using with the 2949015 Rad and the 340?

-
Back