Looking for a GOOD auto tech for my shop

-

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any guys in Portland Oregon area know of a good tech needing work- I have a small but VERY busy shop. I pay well and we get to play with some nice Mopars at times too. PM me with any info. Thanks! Mike

If I lived closer to my Ancestrial Town of Prineville Oregon, I would consider the commute.....alas I live in New Mexico.

Shucks. disgust

Finding a good mech is as hard as finding a good shop to work for. I wish you luck my friend.

Finding a good mech is as hard as finding a good shop to work for. I wish you luck my friend.

Man, you said that right! I hired a guy whose resume looked great ( I know, everything looks good on paper) He hacked up stuff here that I'm still fixing myself. I gave him the boot on Friday.
Just sucks- you work really hard to get a good reputation and you try to get a good feel for a tech and end up doin damage control afterwards....sorry-my small rant.

Man, you said that right! I hired a guy whose resume looked great ( I know, everything looks good on paper) He hacked up stuff here that I'm still fixing myself. I gave him the boot on Friday.
Just sucks- you work really hard to get a good reputation and you try to get a good feel for a tech and end up doin damage control afterwards....sorry-my small rant.

I have the same problem in the motorcycle business, it has taken me 6years to find a couple of real techs for one of my stores. Just crazy, they all come in saying their the best and then turns out they damage more than they fix.

Good luck on your hunt. I feel for ya.

Preaching to the choir. We hired a kid fresh out of Wyotech. Had good scores, great references. So, on the day I was going to fire him, he quit and went to work for Boyd. (His dream job). You can catch him on repeats of that show, shaking a spray bomb all day because Duane told him the flat black paint would turn to semi-gloss when it quit ratteling.

Get me a place to stay and ill move up from cali. I'm a aircooled vw mechanic but I've messed with the v8 cars hell my first car was a 69 nova then 83 datsun lol

I was up in portland for a while, if I stayed in that area I'd apply for it.

I work on everything including mopars.

Good luck.
ps there are a couple guys that run 'old car parts', they could maybe offer up a line or 2 on a worthy tech.

-
Back