Looking for a good power steering gearbox for my 69 Barracuda

-

69KillerFish

Reaction score
I am looking for a good power steering gearbox to replace the worn out one in my 69 Barracuda. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you considered having yours rebuilt? Talk to Firm Feel or check out a new Borgesen box.

I have a power steering box and pump out of a 70 duster, looking for a manual box myself.
Thanks for your reply. My guys are also looking at tie rod ends and Idler arm too. I will get back to you about the box. Can you tell me any info about your gearbox?
Just curious, why go to a manual box?

Thanks for your reply. My guys are also looking at tie rod ends and Idler arm too. I will get back to you about the box. Can you tell me any info about your gearbox?
Just curious, why go to a manual box?
Original power steering out of a 70 duster, has a leak that should be able to easily fix. When it comes to old muscle cars I love the feel of a manual steer, It feel like you can really feel the road, where power steering kinda gives you a false sense of whats really going on with the car. Had a 69 Z28 with manual steer and would never go back to power.
I do have power on a 70 GTO but this car came loaded with options and want to keep it original. I see many guys on here and other sites are opting for manual boxes.

-
Back