looking for a real fm3 demon 340 1971.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have a great Survivior 70 Duster 340 in NJ. Vitamin C, 727, console. Unmolested and sweet. Call for details. Vinny 347 408-7146

Good luck with that, FM3 (Panther Pink / Moulin Rouge) was not available at all on the Demon in both production years.
The only A bodies available in that color were the Darts and the Duster, 1970 only, extremely low production #'s.

1970 Duster Coupe; 0.7%.
1970 Duster 340; 1.9%.
1970 Dart swinger; 0.2%.
1970 Dart 340; 0.6%.

All the best,

Your are 100% correct. Unless somebody has a 999 code car that was ordered in FM3. There were a few cars that got FM3 in '71 although they were only the very early production cars.

- Jon

Hey, 340ButterDuster,
Where did you get your specific paint production numbers from? I have a triple black 72 Swinger and have always been curious as to how many of those were made. Thanks!

Hey, 340ButterDuster,
Where did you get your specific paint production numbers from? I have a triple black 72 Swinger and have always been curious as to how many of those were made. Thanks!

Sorry I can't help you with that, The #'s came out of an article published in Sept. '90 "Chrysler Power" magazine.
The only paint color breakdown listed are for the "High impact" colors, these colors were extra cost and special order.
All other production colors were not listed.

Had to apologize, felt compeled, I am Canadian eh!

Ps: I am currently pursuing this particular production segment though, if and when I find the correct data I will keep you posted.

The only source I believe to be credible would be Galen Govier, at a cost of course. Then again he will only give you the breakdown for your specific vehicle, and yet I'm not sure if he himself has the data to do this, as he specializes in Hemi cars, B and E bodies.
Like the old saying goes "You gotta pay to learn" (so far unfotunately)

The only source I believe to be credible would be Galen Govier, at a cost of course. Then again he will only give you the breakdown for your specific vehicle, and yet I'm not sure if he himself has the data to do this, as he specializes in Hemi cars, B and E bodies.
Like the old saying goes "You gotta pay to learn" (so far unfotunately)

I understand what you are saying.
And I don’t question for a moment your figures and statements about FM3.
Chrysler Power got it from somewhere.

The question does come to mind about Govier: If he is the only source for some type of specific information, how does one know it is for real?
In other words where is the verification of what he says?

Information is sort of like a toddler.
Once it is set loose one doesn’t have control over were it goes.

Neil Bortz is fond of saying never believe anything he says or from the Internet unless:
A: You know it to be true.
Or
B: You can verify if from another source.
Perhaps that is hyperbole, but something to think about.

Like the old saying MIGHT go: If you don’t learn, you will pay.
I’m still learning, and paying.

Can't disagree with any of that comment adriver.
I did say "I believe to be credible", I'm not 100% convinced myself.
Most Mopar publications, as well as "Barrett-Jackson" refer to Galen Govier as the "Guru" of Mopars.
I haven't yet sent him any $, due to the facts that you have mentioned.
This is why I stated I was researching this.
Therefore if Galen has access to this info, he got it somewhere.
This is what I am researching with the help of some very usefull and informative website like the Hamtramck-historical as well as others, guys like that, who help guys like us deserve "MEGA" praises as they don't do this for the $$$$.
If anybody out there can help with this research and share it with the rest of us, it will indeed be greatly appreciated.

My 1974 Duster has FM3 underneath the factory FE5 in the engine bay. How weird is that?

My 1974 Duster has FM3 underneath the factory FE5 in the engine bay. How weird is that?

I would have to say that someone at some point in time had it painted that color, or drove over a Mary Kay's car.
FM3, Molin Rouge or Panther Pink was only available on late '70's and 1971.
This is one of my resources.

http://www.mymopar.com/highimpactpaint.htm

FM3 was also available as a 999 color afterwards.

Seeing that the red paint is the original unmolested factory paint, I think it sounds more like a mixup at the factory.
There are stories of black cudas with blue engine bays from the factory.
My guess is that someone mislabeled old paint on the paint line, started shooting the car, realized the mistake, and painted over it.

I have a factory 1970 Dart FM3 Panther Pink, black top and interior. Car has a 318/904/8-3/4 rear. I was told by a member on the panther pink site www.pantherpink.com that there were about 63 panther pink darts built in 1970, no break down on what engines or color of interiors. I would check out the site, there is a lot of info about these cars! The color was offered only in the spring of 1970! A few special order 999 cars were produced in 1971, a 1971 Charger R/T, and a couple of 1971 Challengers. A pink Demon, who knows, there could be one out there!

I have been to panther pink.com, went back today, still can not find any production no. breakdown on that site. My references date back 20 years, my info. comes at no cost. If you believe there is better out there than feel free to use it, or pay someone to give you their breakdown version.

mopar phil in fargo n. dakota had one for sale a couple months ago. needs lots of work but real fm3 70 340 swinger.

Here is the response from the ebay seller when asked the question " Is this a factory fm3 Demon?"

Response from demonboys0_1
demonboys0_1( 76 )
Positive feedback: 98.7%
Registered on: www.ebay.ca

Item: Dodge : Dart (220135310021)

This message was sent while the listing was active.
demonboys0_1 is the Seller.

No, this car was an orginally Fy1 lemon twist.The fender tag was missing when I purchased the car. Respond to this question

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

Details for item number: 220135310021
Item title: Dodge : Dart
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220135310021&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:CA:1

End date: Sunday, Aug 05, 2007 17:50:27 EDT

Adam I know what your saying, and I'm well aware of code 999 cars, and they do not only apply to fm3 color only.
What I've been trying to tell the poor guy that is looking for a real fm3 1971 Demon "good luck with that", as my resources show zero, not even a "999", not to say one may have slipped through, maybe two.

It's even more unlikely in 1974 Duster, only in the engine bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back