Looking for a Torqueflight expert in Pgh, PA area!

-

shadango

Reaction score
Looking to find a Torqueflight expert in the Pittsburgh area.....

I need to have my 727 rebuilt.....looking for someone who knows these vehicles andtransmissions...not a guy who just does transmissions....who wont rip me off and is reasonable.

Do they exist?

Thanks folks...

Why dont you get a shop manual, and do it yourself? thats how I did my first, when I was 19. Then you dont have to depend on some bozo for the rest of your life.

LOL Honestly?

I considered it! I am not against trying to fix something myself...heck, half the stuff I am doing on my car is the first time I have ever done it....I learned at an early age that a manual is the best tool to own...

But in this case, I know when I am over my head. Experience means a lot.....not to mention the special tools etc.....

Still , if I cant find someone I just may give it a go....

I agree with George.

It's one of the easiest auto trans on the planet to rebuild. No expensive tools required for the most part as long as you don't need bushings drivers. A bunch of the "special" tools can be worked around with a little thinking.

THe best books on the transmission is the Factory service manual. A VERY close second is the ATSG (Automatic transmission service group) manuals. Available online, you can buy the service manual in print AND as a pdf for about $25.

The only special tool you need for trans service would be a bushing driver, and thats if you decide you need to have the bushings replaced. A handy tool to have would be a set of Snap On seal tools, I can get the number if you'd like. Otherwise, a set of feeler guages are helpful in getting seals installed, if you are careful.

I'd be happy to help out with advice, and there are a couple of other good trans guys on here. If you have average to good mechanical skills, this trans isn't hard at all.

Well, like I said, I was considering it....

The problem I have is if I will know *if* something is marginal or not.......there is a guy on anotherforum who did his own...said the same thing, that it was easy.....but then the thing blew up on him not long after the rebuild....LOL

Have to give this idea more thought......on one hand I would like to say I did it myself...then again, I also dont want to waste money on parts I dont need or skip things I do need and find out when it grenades.... LOL

Thanks

I am in Pittsburgh...looks like they are in Indiana?

-
Back