Looking for advice: 71 Demon 340,4spd, AC, original metal car

-
I personally like the car as is I don't give a rats *** about the shifter knob not being stock or the wheels [I like them on it they look fine] everybody's got rallys on their mopars. I'm not arguing with the demon gurus here but these [and all cars] are worth what some one is willing to pay [regardless of the hood stripe, shifter handle, wheels ect.] The dude is just trying to sell a nice looking [rare in my opinion] Demon with some issues [some need to be addressed] ask what ever you think is a good price and go from there [you know you gonna get beat up] on the asking price. Good luck on the sale of a fine looking Demon!!!!

Hey Marty. I'll make you a good deal. Just you though :)

I was wondering when it would appear on the market...I looked at it a year and a half ago and was a bit interested at the time. I'll have to look back at my emails and see what kind of numbers we talked at the time...

Thanks for this (and other comments). That pretty much sums my opinion - if the body is good, all that other stuff can be changed pretty easily and cheaply. Original sheet metal. Ahh, feels good to say that. lol

I'm taking it off it's blocks next week and getting it running. I'll update this post, if anyone is interested in hearing about it?

Thanks guys.

I personally like the car as is I don't give a rats *** about the shifter knob not being stock or the wheels [I like them on it they look fine] everybody's got rallys on their mopars. I'm not arguing with the demon gurus here but these [and all cars] are worth what some one is willing to pay [regardless of the hood stripe, shifter handle, wheels ect.] The dude is just trying to sell a nice looking [rare in my opinion] Demon with some issues [some need to be addressed] ask what ever you think is a good price and go from there [you know you gonna get beat up] on the asking price. Good luck on the sale of a fine looking Demon!!!!

Looks like a decent car. Let us know how it goes. I just got my Duster otherwise I might have been interested.

Steve

I never saw a 4 spd. A/C car . all were 3 spd.. I did have a 340 demon with the body side molding. It did not have the hood stripe either. The build sheet would tell the story. A/C 4spd. would be rare.

I say keep it. I like it. I would. I totally agree with,......everybody has rallies. I m tired of lookin at rallies. I ve never even owned a set. Just for the fact that once you conform your car to the "norm"....your car. Becomes just another sheep in the pasture. Your car is different. Someone will want it just for that. I d take a car like that any day over a high impact one like every other out there.

facebook "like" for you! :color: thanks.

I say keep it. I like it. I would. I totally agree with,......everybody has rallies. I m tired of lookin at rallies. I ve never even owned a set. Just for the fact that once you conform your car to the "norm"....your car. Becomes just another sheep in the pasture. Your car is different. Someone will want it just for that. I d take a car like that any day over a high impact one like every other out there.

I have looked at this car and would leave it as is, looks like it would have in the 70's/80's when guys would actually drive their cars, bolt on some wheels and change or add stripes and swap out shifters.
The everything has to be "correct" numbers matching thing to me is the worst part of the mopar hobby.

-
Back