Looking for an oil pan replacement

-

Nat

Reaction score
just not comfortable with the stock 360 oil pan on the 426 stroker . What would be a good replacement that has decent ground clearance and be good on a road course with the engine spending most it's time at 4,000 to 6200 rpm . That is if I ever get it to run right , not a good year , it's running on 6 cyl and getting 7 mpg

anything not made by milodon is a good start

i would look at a kevco

Milodon Road Race is supposed to work well, is low profile, but might still need some tweaks to play well with the K member. I have a Kevko M301 going on when the motor goes back in. The M301KO holds an extra quart but neither really have any side baffling.

Milodon Road Race is supposed to work well, is low profile, but might still need some tweaks to play well with the K member. I have a Kevko M301 going on when the motor goes back in. The M301KO holds an extra quart but neither really have any side baffling.
What about ground clearance with the Kevco ? baffling is something needed i think at least in my case

I have a Kevco on my 410 stroker and it hanges about an inch below my crossmember so all I did was weld a one inch skid plate to the bottom of my crossmeber so it was level with my oil pan. No worries now!

Agree on not Milodon. Installing the 30936 on my 418, they don't tell you that main studs get in the way, have to modify for those. The Milodon windage tray doesn't fit well, but I expected that, sides of pan are warped from welding, have to push the sides out for W/tray clearance . This is new to me, maybe it's normal. Hate to mess up the gold irridite on a new pan. Perhaps their Road Course pan would have been a better choice.

What about ground clearance with the Kevco ? baffling is something needed i think at least in my case
I'll try to get a pic in the next day or so. I want to say the Kevco is a bit lower than stock but not a huge amount. It only holds 1qt more, but has some effective baffling. I bought it because I get a huge pressure drop when braking hard. The pickup is obviously becoming uncovered.

I have a Kevco on my 410 stroker and it hanges about an inch below my crossmember so all I did was weld a one inch skid plate to the bottom of my crossmeber so it was level with my oil pan. No worries now!
Thanks I have a lot of 1/4 inch aluminium plate guess a skid plate is called for

-
Back