Looking for brake line fabrication in south SF bay area

-

swinger

Reaction score
I (partially) installed a CPP power front disc brake kit in my car and am looking for a local shop (or skilled and friendly individual) to help me finish it up. I'm in fremont CA. I need to fabricate new hard lines to tie into the new aftermarket proportioning valve location. Can anyone recommend a quality shop here locally to do this kind of work; or does anyone nearby have the skills and tools to do this right and want to make a few extra bucks giving me a hand some weekend?? Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks!!

'Tis a piece of cake. Go buy your hard line (Steel at the auto parts store, stainless if you hunt for it) and a bender and a flaring tool. Follow the instructions that come with the tool and within a few practice pieces (Put the nut on before you flare it), you will have it down pat.

Not just any flaring tool. Has to be a double flared end. Don't buy a double flaring tool from Advance Auto. They are junk. Bought one, returned it for another one, returned it and got my $$ back. Borrowed a real one from a friend, worked like a champ.

Not just any flaring tool. Has to be a double flared end. Don't buy a double flaring tool from Advance Auto. They are junk. Bought one, returned it for another one, returned it and got my $$ back. Borrowed a real one from a friend, worked like a champ.

Yep piece of cake. I just did some. If I can anyone can. And I used a "cheap" tool. It takes some practice to get it. The hardest part is learning to not let the little button you use first go cocked. If it starts to probably as a result of the tube end not being exactly even wedge a screwdriver under the lopsided side till it straightens out.
The tubing Advance sell has a green coating on it which tends to let the tube slip in the tool and gums up in the little grooves that are supposed to grip the tube.
I clamped the tool in a vice to help hold the tube. More clamping.
They sell fittings but you. can reuse yours.

Another hint: use welding rod to make a template to follow. It's a lot cheaper and easier to bend them up, get them to fit how you want, then just copy the bends with the brake line.

I'm in the East Bay... I'm going to be doing the same thing with my 4wheel disc set up going in a mustang, thankfully my dart is good with brakes.

-
Back