-
Status
Not open for further replies.

flynlady

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
As you can see from the photo my brackets are totally rusted. I assume these are not reproduced but if you know otherwise, please let me know.

THANKS!

Attachments

• image-1266911944.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 76
In looking at your pic, it might be better to fab them with a longer reach so as to get into better metal for welding.

The area adjacent to those is shot. Fab up new ones and extend them out to solid metal, cut out the old and replace.

In looking at your pic, it might be better to fab them with a longer reach so as to get into better metal for welding.

The area adjacent to those is shot. Fab up new ones and extend them out to solid metal, cut out the old and replace.

They can't really be extended because they are hidden behind the arm rest that extends down to the floor. Was planning on a patch piece to attach the bracket to

They can't really be extended because they are hidden behind the arm rest that extends down to the floor. Was planning on a patch piece to attach the bracket to

I'm referring to the area that is torn in the pic. Make the bracket the same size, with the one side toward the tear a little wider. Then you could cut out that bad spot and weld the new piece in place. You will end up with exactly what you currently have, just new metal.

I'm hoping that makes sense.

OR:

You could cut the old bracket out, clean it up. Then cut out the section that's torn, replace with new metal and then weld the bracket right back in place.

In fact that might be the easier option.

I'm referring to the area that is torn in the pic. Make the bracket the same size, with the one side toward the tear a little wider. Then you could cut out that bad spot and weld the new piece in place. You will end up with exactly what you currently have, just new metal.

I'm hoping that makes sense.

OR:

You could cut the old bracket out, clean it up. Then cut out the section that's torn, replace with new metal and then weld the bracket right back in place.

In fact that might be the easier option.

The other side is worse than this one ... Lol! But, I like the second idea, at least for the side in the pic

Yeah, I got to thinking about it and the second option would probably be the easiest route. The bracket still looks pretty solid from here.

If the other side is worse, use the same method might just need a larger patch piece for the bracket to attach to.

Keep in mind when welding to use stitch welds so you don't overheat one area and blow a hole through.

Yeah, I got to thinking about it and the second option would probably be the easiest route. The bracket still looks pretty solid from here.

If the other side is worse, use the same method might just need a larger patch piece for the bracket to attach to.

Keep in mind when welding to use stitch welds so you don't overheat one area and blow a hole through.

The other bracket is NOT salvageable and I'm in the VERY baby steps of learning to weld ... Don't have a clue what is stitch weld ... Lol

The other bracket is NOT salvageable and I'm in the VERY baby steps of learning to weld ... Don't have a clue what is stitch weld ... Lol

Stitch welding means that you would weld for a set length, skip another set length, then weld the set length again. Then you would go back and weld the skipped areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back