-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronica

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Fed up with CA smog requirements on my otherwise beloved Aries wagon, looking to upgrade to classic pre-1976 Mopar wagon for a daily driver. Prefer 1964-1966, but willing to look at any of the smaller wagons up to 1975. Have been checking out some Dart and Valiant Wagons. Saw a listing for a Fury wagon (nice body style), but prefer to go smaller for better mileage.

STRONG preference for a wagon with a roof rack (actually use it on occasion).
Want the best body possible, complete dash. I will be looking to avoid bondo or cancer.
Engine/trans/interior optional, though strongly prefer a 225 slant 6 2bbl w Torqueflight Auto trans. Bonuses are electronic ignition, brakes, shocks and electrical upgrades. But quite familiar with classic Dodge/Plymouth and willing to take on projects. Better project at or below $3k than spending more.

If anyone wants to sell, trade or barter Im beginning to look. Saw a 1966 Dart wagon listed in Lancaster, and one in Berkley (Berkley was really banged up). Yes, willing to travel a bit to find the right body.

Please no big blocks? Last time that I had a big block (Plymouth Satellite with 383) I got arrested OFTEN because it was totally impossible to drive under 100mph (thinking that it had some sort of minimum speed technology in it). Not my fault: would barely touch the gas, it would roar and everything on either side became a blur. Honest: It was the engine that was bad, not me.

Welcome to FABO Veronica!! I too have a soft spot for the early-A wagons, would love to have one myself. There are many members here that have them and they do pop up for sale too. Just be patient and one will come along. Do a search here too, there have been a few for sale here or had links to CL links. Good luck :glasses7:

I have a 63 Valiant wagon I might part with. It is a project, but it runs and has current tags. I just drove it from San Diego to Apple Valley.

Thank you Sedan, already VERY glad to be here.

2 many, I am a very shrewd and frugal trader. (Hourly wage earner, have to be). I tend to buy cheap, clean things up/do some restoration and sell for more than I paid resulting in driving a car for a low price over the years that it takes me to move on to something else. Although at some point maybe I will find some keepers.

Thank you all. Serj, that $800 Dart is SO tempting. That is EXACTLY the type of price/situation car that I was hoping for (except location which still is not a big deal, we have 2 full sized classic vans either one that could tow that). I might make the drive for it. My hunni is making me sell my Aries first, but as long as it keeps failing smog: I am stuck in that regard.

We did not find a lot in wagons in my area....there was a $2500 Dart wagon in Lancaster on CL but the ad went off of CL pretty fast (before I could find or save enough money).

A bit cash poor at the moment, (the Aries smog failures have been expensive and it still has not passed) so $800 runners with tags are exactly what we hope to find. Finding some bargains, Serj that was a home run.

Although I do prefer a wagon for daily driver (work sometimes requires me to move equipment) have been finding some decent deals on sedans as well. My preference both long and short term will be for wagons, but if a bargain pops up on a sedan: might go for it.

Darn it. Missed a sweet deal. Borrowed some cash from in-laws this weekend, but this bargain was gone by this morning: http://www.recycler.com/details/12333541/1969-rambler-amc

1969 Rambler AMC, 6 Cyl, Beige, Beige, Good cond. Auto, AWD, 2 Doors, $1,200.00 OBO 818-599-9225 Picture looked like perfect body, contacted seller on Friday, he indicated runs, tags/registered and nice interior. Wasn't a wagon, but would have been easy to sell for more and then look for something more long term. Oh well.

There has been a recurring'66 Valiant wagon on the Phoenix Craigslist. Looks to be in very nice shape rust/rot wise. Was asking more than $1200, but hasn't sold in over a year so perhaps they are more willing to deal. Welcome aboard and happy searching.

If a 383 got her frequently arrested, Curtis' wheel stander is probably not going to be the best choice. :-D

View attachment 1714598627

“I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.”

― Jessica Rabbit

Welcome aboard Veronica! Good luck with the search ... you're in the right place.

No wheel standers for me, too urban of an area for so much power.
Something like that needs room to run. Police here cannot be lax because people can die being run over in such a densely populated area.

Thank you Chick, have been in a few Dodge clubs from time to time. Wherever Dodge is loved, I will be happy. My hunni (AC) has a couple of GMs. (so embarrassing). But at least they aren't imports.

Unlike Jessica Rabbit: I have something tangible to blame. It really is the fault of the big blocks for being too tempting. That massive roar and power of a big block is unmatched.

There has been a recurring'66 Valiant wagon on the Phoenix Craigslist. Looks to be in very nice shape rust/rot wise. Was asking more than $1200, but hasn't sold in over a year so perhaps they are more willing to deal. Welcome aboard and happy searching.

Desert areas almost never rust. :) Best place to buy cars. Ill take a look. Thank you lots.

If a 383 got her frequently arrested, Curtis' wheel stander is probably not going to be the best choice. :-D

View attachment 1714598627

“I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.”

― Jessica Rabbit

Welcome aboard Veronica! Good luck with the search ... you're in the right place.

WOW Leanna: that Cuda is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Oh I HAD to look up your site.....that is simply AMAZING.
Your custom coating is going to be high on my wish list.
I love black and yellow.....giggles getting some ideas.

No wheel standers for me, too urban of an area for so much power.
Something like that needs room to run. Police here cannot be lax because people can die being run over in such a densely populated area.

Thank you Chick, have been in a few Dodge clubs from time to time. Wherever Dodge is loved, I will be happy. My hunni (AC) has a couple of GMs. (so embarrassing). But at least they aren't imports.

Unlike Jessica Rabbit: I have something tangible to blame. It really is the fault of the big blocks for being too tempting. That massive roar and power of a big block is unmatched.

I've got a 440 in the shop truck and my man likes GMs too; I know what you mean. :-D It's terrific to see a little spice wrapped up with a lot of intelligence. You'll do great around here Veronica. :-D

WOW Leanna: that Cuda is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Oh I HAD to look up your site.....that is simply AMAZING.
Your custom coating is going to be high on my wish list.
I love black and yellow.....giggles getting some ideas.

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my old hot rod and my work. Don't hesitate to ask if I can help out with your plans. You should look at 6pkDemon2go's car some time ... you'll love the color scheme.

Welcome Veronica- love the name, almost named my older daughter Veronica...wife changed her mind at the last minute. They literally got two drunk idiot women in the emergency room named Veronica one night close to her due date and that put the kibosh on that.
I respect that you also spec'd out what you want for power and such on the wagon you want. That's cool

Welcome Veronica- love the name, almost named my older daughter Veronica...wife changed her mind at the last minute. They literally got two drunk idiot women in the emergency room named Veronica one night close to her due date and that put the kibosh on that.
I respect that you also spec'd out what you want for power and such on the wagon you want. That's cool

Oh, I thought that you looked familiar: but there were two of you that night!

:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back