Looking for electricians knowledge on 4’ Florissant bulbs

-
Here's what I used direct plug in or you can do like I did and hardwire. But, I can see your dilemma.

IMG_20200727_112005977.jpg

Since you can't spend much time on a ladder, buy replacement T8's and replace them as they go out.

This remind me of a joke - How many mopar guys does it take to change a light bulb... LOL

This is what I’m dealing with. I’m not able to climb a latter 12 times and work overhead that much. Hell I’ll get dizzy and fall. Probably break a perfectly good neck.

View attachment 1715568385
I think what might work good would be to leave the lighting as is and run a new circuit on those lower angle brackets on each side. Run it the same way you did up above and use led lighting instead. You should be able to do it with half the fixtures or less and it will be much brighter because it will be much closer to your work area. Also, you'd be a lot closer to the floor while you were working on them. I don't think it would cost too much more to do it that way. Going up and down that ladder a zillion times isn't for me either, lol!

LED’s sound like the way to go but they are 13’ in the air. I really not wanting to bypass 12 fixtures. But we will see. Thanks for all the replies.
I personally hate LEDs. Seems like I can get a shadow cast a lot easier under an LED and not see anything then with a regular fluorescent... and on top of that I don't ever turn half of mine off... I leave half on and it's been nine years and I've not had to change a single bulb yet of the ones left on...the others I've changed once.
They dont take that much power to run..so why bother. My flat screen eats up more power and it's only on few hrs a day...

-
Back