-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blair Harris

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi i am looking for a fast back Cuda 67-68-69 , must be rust free V-8 in drive away condition. Not looking for a project car have a 67 Dart 383 727 8 3/4 391 almost finished i would trade plus cash for right car. Prefer the East coast of the US or Central or Eastern Canada.
Will pay Cash for right car.
Thanks Blair

welcome aboard, this is the first time I have read one of your posts, I live about 45 minutes away from you. have you checked kijiji?

whats your def. of rust free?

I was thinking the same thing. "Rust Free" is an unreal expectation.

On cars this old the only way you will get truly rust free is if the thing has had a recent and complete strip down and refinish, including metal restoration.

Hell, my car has 62,000 original miles and I know for a fact that it has been stored inside for the last 33 years (I know this because I drooled over it when I was a kid).

But you know...... It has a dime sized rust spot way down on the lower 1/4 behind the drivers side rear wheel.

So I guess my car wouldn't qualify.

Hmmmm$$$,mines rust-free.Now ya got me thinking $$$$$$$$.How much are you willing to spent?

P.S No quarter size rust spots here.

I was thinking the same thing. "Rust Free" is an unreal expectation.

On cars this old the only way you will get truly rust free is if the thing has had a recent and complete strip down and refinish, including metal restoration.

Hell, my car has 62,000 original miles and I know for a fact that it has been stored inside for the last 33 years (I know this because I drooled over it when I was a kid).

But you know...... It has a dime sized rust spot way down on the lower 1/4 behind the drivers side rear wheel.

So I guess my car wouldn't qualify.

around here rust free is basically anything that still has the original quarter pannels and body pannels and won't fall off if you touch them or look at them for that matter. Nova scotia is very very hard on cars with the north atlantic on one side and the bay of fundy on the other side and salt in the winter doesn't help things

Hmmmm$$$,mines rust-free.Now ya got me thinking $$$$$$$$.How much are you willing to spent?

P.S No quarter size rust spots here.

Pettyblue... you would have my nuts in a sling if I posted a car wanted ad in the cars for sale forum. What gives?:wack:

my 68 barracuda is totally rust free not even a tad of surface rust. unbelievable, i never seen one this clean.

Mine's a notchback, race ready......runs mid 11s... not street legal HAHAHA :)

"rust free" what a loosely thrown around term.
Besides going thru the arguments of original panels versus aftermarket etc,
A VERY GOOD SIGN of an original rust free car are the nuts and bolts that are exposed to the elements.

To purchase an original "rust free" car you should be willing to pay the price. The true ones are far and few between.
:happy1::happy1:

Hi thanks for all the replies i guess i should have been much clearer on my rust free request. I am fine with a properly done restoration,i am also good with a few reasonable sized rust spots hat need replace a panel or small patch. I am not looking to replace an frame rails trunk pans or floor section. I would also not want the car to be filled with plastic or fiberglass covering up parts that should have been replaced. Most importany is the frame leaf spring mounts under the hood the trunk floor and rockers.
My price range is up to $15000 for the right car

with your price range you need to also consider western US cars - a solid
roller might be sourced in say - western TX, NM, southern UT, southwestern CO, AZ, NV or eastern Calif
and then transported. with a unitized body a dry climate car will put you miles ahead. Am guessing a transporter would want close to $2000 to move a car to your location from the southwest US but what is the value of truly lo rust ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back