Looking for front rechromed Bumper 73-75 Duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read your ad. If you don't find what you are looking for, I have a good '75 that you could buy for the core and ship to Tri-city. It would be mint when you got it...
C

I've got one on the front of my car I could remove and send out as a core, I was trying to just purchase a new one.

Looking for a front rechromed bumper for a 73-76 Duster. Must be defect free and have mint chrome. If anyone out here has one, please P.M. me. Thanks!!!!!

I don't have what you are looking for, but you may want to be more specific.
'73-'74 Duster front bumpers use standard bumper brackets. '75 and '76 Duster front bumpers use the shock absorber-style bumper brackets.

Custom/Valiant front bumpers may have started the shock absorber brackets a year earlier. Either way, it's best to confirm.

They do not interchange!

Pretty sure the shock absorbers were across the board in '74. If they are different, I think the '73 is a one year only, and '74 up interchange.

I know my '74 has the shock absorbers.

Pretty sure the shock absorbers were across the board in '74. If they are different, I think the '73 is a one year only, and '74 up interchange.

I know my '74 has the shock absorbers.

Is yours a Duster or Valiant/Custom? All '74 Dusters and Dart Sports I've seen, including 2 I have now, have the regular bumper brackets up front only. The Valiants, Customs, Swingers, or whatever the notch-backs were called in '74, have had the shock absorbers.
Only possibility I could think of is if a '74 Duster or Dart Sport was built late in the model year, possibly as late as the summer of '74.

***Just noticed the '74 Duster 4-speed in your sig.
Do you have the build date?***

Is yours a Duster or Valiant/Custom? All '74 Dusters and Dart Sports I've seen, including 2 I have now, have the regular bumper brackets up front only. The Valiants, Customs, Swingers, or whatever the notch-backs were called in '74, have had the shock absorbers.
Only possibility I could think of is if a '74 Duster or Dart Sport was built late in the model year, possibly as late as the summer of '74.

***Just noticed the '74 Duster 4-speed in your sig.
Do you have the build date?***

I have the build sheet but I will have to work off memory for right now. Pretty sure it is an early car, I think November of '73.

Interestingly, a buddy of mine picked up a '74 Duster just a week ago with the non-shock absorber bumper. Based on the VIN, we assumed it was a late build car, and that someone had retrofitted the bumper. You can still see the threaded hole for the shock absorbers further down the frame from the early bumper brackets.

Also along those lines my car is a 73 Model Year and and I have the front shock absorber style bumper. I believe that it may? have been changed before I owned the car??????:wack:

I have the build sheet but I will have to work off memory for right now. Pretty sure it is an early car, I think November of '73.

Interestingly, a buddy of mine picked up a '74 Duster just a week ago with the non-shock absorber bumper. Based on the VIN, we assumed it was a late build car, and that someone had retrofitted the bumper. You can still see the threaded hole for the shock absorbers further down the frame from the early bumper brackets.

For what it's worth, the build date on my car was Feb 21st, not an early November build like I remembered.

For what it's worth, the build date on my car was Feb 21st, not an early November build like I remembered.

Dang, should have looked it up first. I assumed that a B21 date indicated the second month of the year, 21 day of the month. It means the second month of the model year. So, my car was build on November 21st, not February 21st.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back