Looking for high quality wire and connector brands.

-

shittyslant6

Reaction score
Earlier this year, a friend and I started our own side business where we mainly rewire classic cars. When I started wiring; the cars I was doing were just basic drivers with almost no accessories and I could use what came in the wiring harness box and nothing extra. However, I am now working on cars that need four plus relays and have power everything and most of them want fuel injection as well as modern engines. Now I am modifying the harnesses to accommodate all this extra stuff and the wire company I am using now does not have the best selection. And I am getting tired of running to the parts store to buy connectors every other week.

Now we are using Beeflex - BeeFlex.com and just O'Reilly connectors.

Thank you for any input or opinions as I am only just getting heavy into electrical and I really appreciate the insight

20231229_125127.jpg

20231229_125101.jpg

Looks like nice work so far.

I try to use TXL "cross link" wherever possible. Thinner insulation (lighter) and more strands per wire for whatever gauge you're using. You can generally get it in bulk from places like Del City, Waytek and even Summit. Obviously the more you buy the cheaper it is.

I've done a lot of EFI wiring over the last few years and I've bought bulk wire and connectors/terminals from both EFIConnection and CustomConnectorkits with success. Low Doller Motorsports is also a good source for EFI sensors and related wiring. If you're dealing with Holley EFI, they sell a lot of replacement wiring components themselves, just have to look on their webpage. Don't forget to look into woven/split loom sheathing for your harnesses. Better than tape, lightweight and actually looks cool.

I've started using Deutsch solid contact connectors. The tooling can get really expensive for it but I like that kind of stuff so I don't mind spending the coin. I bought my 'offshore" Deutsch crimper from Maven. The official TE-brand one is double the price. Maven has a lot of cool stuff.

Might want to check out a guy on You Tube named Devin Vanderhoof, he does a lot of really informative videos on EFI wiring and wiring in general. I learned a lot from him especially in regards to tools and the Deutsch stuff.

Looks like nice work so far.

I try to use TXL "cross link" wherever possible. Thinner insulation (lighter) and more strands per wire for whatever gauge you're using. You can generally get it in bulk from places like Del City, Waytek and even Summit. Obviously the more you buy the cheaper it is.

I've done a lot of EFI wiring over the last few years and I've bought bulk wire and connectors/terminals from both EFIConnection and CustomConnectorkits with success. Low Doller Motorsports is also a good source for EFI sensors and related wiring. If you're dealing with Holley EFI, they sell a lot of replacement wiring components themselves, just have to look on their webpage. Don't forget to look into woven/split loom sheathing for your harnesses. Better than tape, lightweight and actually looks cool.

I've started using Deutsch solid contact connectors. The tooling can get really expensive for it but I like that kind of stuff so I don't mind spending the coin. I bought my 'offshore" Deutsch crimper from Maven. The official TE-brand one is double the price. Maven has a lot of cool stuff.

Might want to check out a guy on You Tube named Devin Vanderhoof, he does a lot of really informative videos on EFI wiring and wiring in general. I learned a lot from him especially in regards to tools and the Deutsch stuff.
Wow! thanks for the info; I just recently started buying the deutsch connector tools because I want to start making custom harnesses and I was going to use the bulkhead plugs to practice on my car.

We are working with Fitech currently and they have been great but I know that we will come across a Holley system soon enough as we move into more racecar wiring so those sources will come in handy.

It was stated that you were doing older car wiring. Many of the older car connections were a "Packard" connector. So unless you are upgrading everything, it may be handy to keep some on hand. I find that DelCity.com has a decent assortment of connectors and wire. Also, I use the GXL wire over the TXL, mostly for added heat resistance in engine compartments.

-
Back