looking for ideas currently have kirkeys but back seats tough to get in

-

turbofreek

batcrap crazy racing team
Reaction score
i have a conundrum with my dart. it is fully caged but the back seat is usable. i have 2 boys 6 and 2 but an adult could sit in the backseat comfy.

my issue is i race this car and need the safety of a seat that holds me in it if i was to crash at a very high rate of speed(1500 turbo drag car). ill be using a hans type of device as well so high back seat is required. so if i bang my head or helmet rearward im hitting a seat not a cage.

i am wanting to find Decent seat like perhaps viper seats or something similar WIDTH AND HEIGHT to my kirkeys. weight that isnt overly bulky but can be considered not a million pounds at least. i figured perhaps some of the road racing guys might be able to help me out.

my kirkeys are 17.5" wide but i do have some room to give per side for on the driver(funny car cage) and tons on the pass side. i need a foldable pass seat to allow a fat adult to climb in the back. all my friends or family are either round or very tall 6'3"+. im 6'3" and can sit comfy in the back but its a pita to get out of it. trying to make dragweek and other events more enjoyable in the car over all. yet retain my safety in case of a racing accident at high speed to keep me in the seat.

thanks guys. i also dont need new but at least not ripped all up or stained etc.. driver dont need a track as i will mount it solid. pass i need to fold forward and slide to access the rear seat.

thanks for any help or guidance from anybody. much appreciated.

-
Back