looking for magnum performance heads

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should look into aftermarket heads if you want that much flow. Magnums require a ton of work to get that much from them, if they are even capable of it. You can most likely buy a brand new set of RHS or EQ magnums that flow nearly that much for what you'd pay for a set of crack prone magnums that flow that good. JMO

You should look into aftermarket heads if you want that much flow. Magnums require a ton of work to get that much from them, if they are even capable of it. You can most likely buy a brand new set of RHS or EQ magnums that flow nearly that much for what you'd pay for a set of crack prone magnums that flow that good. JMO

I agree.
and in fact...i dont know of anyone who's had more than about 250's cfm out of porting a factory mag'em head.lol

rhs/eq is the way to go.
imm engines along with others sell a in house version that will flow the number you're looking for.

ya thats what i meant after market mag heads like the rts rhs eqs ect. nd ya i wasnt even gonna bother wit the stock mag heads unless i wanted to pu 30 hours just to go thru a exaust port haha

The true Magnum RT heads are getting hard to find, since they quit making them. NHRA threw 7 HP at us when we swapped over from the Magnums to the RTs. We found another pair at Carlisle 2 years ago so we now have 2 complete Magum long blocks for the Dakota. IHRA doesn't seem to care that we are running RTs in the CM class, we are factored at 335 running I/CM at 11.20 120+ MPH with 60' around 1.58, or so.

Bill S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back