looking for matching paint

-

Rockatansky

Reaction score
got a quick question for you guys, i'm not sure if i should put this here or in the wheel section.

i'm in the process of putting some big bolt pattern steel wheels on my car, and i'm wondering if any of you guys know a source off the top of your head for original color spray paints so i can paint them to match the body.

i'm looking for something that isnt too crazy expensive because i plan on "aging" them to match the body and front wheels anyway. it's not going to be a showroom resto or anything. for the time being black will do, but i want them to blend and look like they belong on the car you know?

by the way the car is that ugly 60s tan/yellow color, so it's a bit trick to just go to the parts store and find it. but i like the color because its right for the period

a pro paint store can match your color and put in aerosol can, might cost $15-20 per can, 2 cans tops, prime them with good primer first. nothing in cheap anymore. or
go to Home Depo and color match off their charts!!! latex!!! ha???? sorry
or... you might find a Rustoleum shade of tan close enough ( best choice) for durable and cheap!!!!!

yeah if i can get it done with 2 cans thats a perfectly ok price. i just cant be paying like $150 to paint 2 junkyard rims or something haha

-
Back