[WANTED] Looking for Mopar Magnum black aluminum valve covers.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankjug

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm a long time lurker, finally made an account to see if anyone has a set of the Mopar Magnum valve covers, part #P5007617. Thanks in advance!

dcc-5007617.jpg

8 Months ago these were 195$ free shipping. Good luck.

They stop making these a few years ago. Jeggs and Summit still had them for sale but on back order and they never received any more. I had orders with both 3 years ago at 150.00 with free shipping. Never got them because they never got any more. 2 years ago I found a new in the box set for 100.00 at a swap meet. Was the fastest that I ever pulled a Benny out of my pocket.
Mopar Performance does not make anything for cars older than 2006. Whatever is still on someone's self is all that is left and once that is gone then that is it. No more. All FCA cares about is the new Hemi and Jeeps.

Same guy is selling them for 100$ more now :/

21DFDABB-181B-47A3-A17C-28CD9F26DCDF.png

The kit with two covers, grommets, and oil fill caps was part number P5007617, is original post is asking for.
Last year when I could not find any I noticed that Hughes engines specified the old number was discontinued but the covers were still available under part number P4532621 as one (1) individual cover with no grommets or oil fill caps. In March 2020 I ordered four of part number P4532621 from Tascaparts.com.
This part number P4532621 currently shows out of stock at Hughes Engines, but it is available to order on the Tascaparts.com website. Nothing I see says p4532621 was discontinued, and the ones I received last year were shipped from Mopar Performance in Michigan to Tasca Parts, then sent to me. So they were not on Tasca’s shelf as old stock.
Also, Mancini Racing has the grommets available. I just bought two sets of grommets a week ago. Mancini Racing part number for grommets is MRE5249642.

Edited to add Part number MRE5249642 and fix spelling error.

Last edited:
My 2001 MP catalog shows P5249343 for the kit and Summit doesn't list them any more. They use to. Mopar.com shows discontinued as well as P5007617 .
I didn't know they sold individual covers and I bet not very many other people did too is probably why they are still out there. Mopar.com still has some too.
Go to mopar.com, the Mopar performance site, and see just what all they have for our old cars. Ain't crap. Do some searching. Their search list only goes back to 2000.

You can use the LA ones on a mag, just use 5 bolts, ran a set for year on my mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back