Looking for my 1st A-body!!!

-

milkman65

Reaction score
Been a long time Dodge Truck owner, ( started with my 73' d100 4x4 ), I now own a 2001 5.9 extended cab 4x4. Been obsessed with finding a Duster, Dart or Valiant. I want to build a 318, or 360. Any suggestions, cars for sale that anyone comes across close to Colorado, let me know. Thanks

Whats wrong with a 67-69 barracuda....They are way sexier than the dodges and have way nicer interiors, more chrome and seem to be a bit more affordable to purchase....nothing personal on the dodges...just the facts.

They are all nice....and I'm a bit biased.....8)

100_2764w.jpg

Where are you located??? I have some I would consider selling but I'm in florida
Been a long time Dodge Truck owner, ( started with my 73' d100 4x4 ), I now own a 2001 5.9 extended cab 4x4. Been obsessed with finding a Duster, Dart or Valiant. I want to build a 318, or 360. Any suggestions, cars for sale that anyone comes across close to Colorado, let me know. Thanks

Nothing wrong with Barracudas at all, ( my best friend has a 68' notchback ), I just like the Darts, I want to build a sleeper, and feel the Dart has the right look for what I want. I've always liked the Dusters, can't explain it, but I seem to be leaning towards a Dart. Any suggestions on particular years to look for, ( I'm in the process of reading three vintage mopar books, to find the motor, trans, rearend I want etc, etc). I appreciate anyones oppinions.

If you don't mind traveling to the Salt Lake City area. Then I will keep my eyes open. What years are you looking for? BTW a guy sold a driving 72 318 duster in salt lake for $500 the other day. I could have bought it, but my wife will divorce me if I showed up with another project.

MM: Take a look at the "reluctant owner" thread on the welcome page. I ended up with this A body and I'm still not convinced that I really want to keep it - I'm too old and too into street rods. I'm only 600 miles north of Denver and we might be able to do a deal if you are interested.

If you don't mind traveling to the Salt Lake City area. Then I will keep my eyes open. What years are you looking for? BTW a guy sold a driving 72 318 duster in salt lake for $500 the other day. I could have bought it, but my wife will divorce me if I showed up with another project.
I should have said this earlier, don't want to spend over 5k. I would like to find something with a solid body, ( I can do motor work, not so much body work). I have to budget = ( I'm married)

I know where there are two 70-71 darts 2 door sitting right now minus motors. I looked at them last summer, but was swarmed by yellow jackets. The owner was asking around $1500 for each. I could swing by and take pics if you want.

-
Back