Looking for my original 1969, 440 engine

-

2sixtynines

Reaction score
Looking for the original engine to my 1969 1/2 440 'cuda. Removed from car sometime between 1972 and 1975 in Erie, PA. I am offering a $100.00 finders fee just for locating this engine regardless of it's condition. I do not care if it is usable or not. Would simply like to have it even it it's only good for a paperweight. Serial number is 9B398953.:prayer:
Just so everyone knows I already have an A-body 440 engine in the car now which I believe came from a Dodge Dart.

Does the vin number on the block in your car match up with any of the M Code Barracuda's or Dart's listed on the 440 Barracuda or Dart Registry? The reason I ask is that I would love to find mine.

As far as I know it doesn't match any of the cuda's but I have no way of knowing if it matches any of the Darts. The serial number on the block is 244457. About a year after I aquired the block I came across the Dart registry but couldn't contact them. I noticed that they had a new member who' s sequence number started with 245. As far as I know there are no Cudas between 237 to 272. So I figure this block came out of a Dart.

-
Back