Looking for rear drums sbp 10 X 2.5

-
Ok thanks. So, I'll redrill my LBP drums. What sucks is the hub or center hole is much bigger.

Caution. The backing plate offset must be a match for the drum width. For instance, you cannot use 1-3/4 backing plates with 2-1/2 drums and vice versa.

Ok thanks. So, I'll redrill my LBP drums. What sucks is the hub or center hole is much bigger.
That center hole is called the center register. It REGISTERS the drum concentric with the axle rotation. Otherwise the drum can rotate around like a lobe making the rear shudder and really screwing with your braking.
IMO not advisabe to use anything but what fits properly.
There were machined rings to make up the space but I've seen mixed reviews on them.

are you trying to use 2.5" shoes on a 1.75" backing plate?

Last edited:
Why are you trying to find a set of small bolt pattern 10x2.5” drums?

The backing plate offset isn’t the only problem. The SBP and LBP axles themselves have a different axle flange offset. You can’t mix and match between small bolt pattern axles and drums and large bolt pattern axles and drums, if you have SBP axles you have to use SBP drums.

The center register of the axle is too small for the LBP drums, so, it sounds like you have small bolt pattern axles? If that’s the case, you can only use the SBP 10x1.75 drums and backing plates.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I was just trying to use what I have. CLEARLY it won't work. Since I do'nt want to carry 2 spares, I'm in need of a sbp brake setup. I'll see ya over on the want ads. Thanks again for straightening me out.

-
Back