Looking for trucking from BC to Ontario

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, if anyone can help I am looking for someone to haul a car back from BC to Ontario. I can even meet partway and bring it home. I dont have the time to go pick it up myself, and I cant afford to pay full pop, so hopefully I can find someone coming back empty. PM or call 705 651 6311.
Thanks

I don't know what you can afford but the train from bc to ontario is pretty cheap since they don't build cars out west here they have a butt load of empty car hauler cars going east all the time , the catch is you can only use their terminal points for drop off and pick up which I believe are New Westminster bc and Markham ont you can call and find out it's been 4 years since I checked so I'm not sure on the terminals the Ontario one is on the north side of Toronto by the 401 , last I checked it was $685 to Toronto instead of $1365 the other way , the other catch is you have to wait till they have enough cars to fill a hauler but that is not usually a problem the private lease companies send a few cars east a month so there is usually a hauler waiting for a car . As I said it's been a few years so they may not be so picky now that times are tougher

I called, sea-rail and the price is $1100....OUCH!! With that price, it may be a deal breaker on the car ):

I did some quick math and that works out to around $0.45/mile. I guesstimated about 2500 miles. Anybody who hauls privately probably wouldn't touch it for that. I know how you feel about the deal breaker part of it. I don't know what you're looking at buying, but if the body is solid, $1100 is cheap compared to what body work would cost on something here in the salt belt.

Yeah 1100 seems a little high I'm going to look and see who I was dealing with it wasn't called "sea-rail "

-
Back