Looking for valve cover gasket advice

-

shadango

Reaction score
I have a 318 and mopar perf. aluminum valve covers....

It has rubber gaskets right now and they have a few small seepages.....

What do you guys like as far as gaskets? Would prefer reusables "just in case".....but I want a good seal.

Was considering the moroso 93050 rubber/steel gaskets....they claim they wont leak and are resusable

i ordered the 93050 for my stock v/c's haven't tried yet. but my M/T have the rubber ones not a drip, you can usually crank down hard with Alum covers

Get the Mopar rubber/steel gaskets and you'll never have another leak.
Sorry but I don't have the part number.
I've had those gaskets on my car five years and they still don't leak. And, that includes removing and reinstalling the valve covers countless times.

I have the Moroso gaskets on my car and it doesn't leak a drop. However, I have magnum style heads with the machined valve cover rail. I am curious how they work with the as-cast early style LA stuff.

If the Moroso's leak with the early LA, I'd probably glue them to the heads with some gray stuff and go from there.

Steve

HP valve cover gasket
Heavy-duty ribbed,molded rubber gasket with steel shim reinforcement for added strength. for 5-bolt covers.(will NOT fit magnum engine application)
P5249581AB High performance valve cover gasket-5-bolt, "A" engine 50.95

Found them here;

http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/a.html

$50 eh? Ouch.

My guess is thats what on there now...mopar perf....they are black rubber.....didnt check for a core though.

Maybe I will just use some permatex or grey stuff and try that.

For as much as I (dont) need to get in them, probably be fine I guess....permatex will seal anything. Its just a pain to clean off when you need to remove and re-gasket...LOL

$50 eh? Ouch.

My guess is thats what on there now...mopar perf....they are black rubber.....didnt check for a core though.

Maybe I will just use some permatex or grey stuff and try that.

For as much as I (dont) need to get in them, probably be fine I guess....permatex will seal anything. Its just a pain to clean off when you need to remove and re-gasket...LOL

I dont scrape to get that stuff off. I use roloc disc's.A REAL time saver...

The mopar ones are grey in color,they work ok but wouldn't seal a set of covers i had,the moroso's are blue in color cost less then the mopar's and seal real nice i haven't had a leak in over 2 years now...

I have the mopar aluminum valve covers with aluminum heads and i use a cork gasket with no sealer or anything on either side and i have not had a leak yet and have had them off to adjust the valves and was able to reuse them

-
Back