Looking into upgrading rear suspension

-

71blueduster

Reaction score
I'm open to ideas on what I should do. I have an 8-1/4 attached to the stock /6 rear suspension. My car has a 340 with approximatly 350hp. Followed the Mopar Muscle magazine 400hp xe268 build up. The car is an auto with a TA tight 10" and has 4.10 gears and sure-grip. I think I have 318 tosion bars up front. I'm looking into raising the rear just a little bit. I had some tire rub out back with 295s on 15x8 wheels with 3-3/8 backspace. We used the grinder on the inside of the wheel lip.

The car is mostly a street car but I would like to take it to the strip and have fun with it. Should I look at the Super Stock springs probably the 3300 lbs ones? Or espo? I'm looking for something that will help with performance over the stock ones.

Also does anyone have pics from the side of a car with the SS springs. I'd like to see a side view and see how the car looks.

Thanks for the help.

Heres my car with 002/003 Super Stock springs (3000lbs)

IM000584.gif

I would either go with espo's or Calvert racing monos and caltracs.

this is what a local shop did for me ...they re-arched and added a leaf on each side - set them the same as the 3000 pound ss springs from mopar at about 1/2 the price -and they work good

when I moved my springs in on my 67 Cuda I used B body springs, the car sat a little higher than stock, but not as high as S/S springs.
the B body spring has an extra leaf on the right to preload the rear end.

I would send some pictures, but I'm having trouble sending pictures from work
anyway the car sits approx. 27 1/2" of the ground in the back I plan on

Here's my '65, like helldart, with stock springs and cal-tracs also. Shocks are Comp Eng.

IMG_0020.jpg

I'm still looking for ideas. I'd like to get new springs since the ones on my car now are the stock /6 car springs.

Anyone use the Mancini XHD a-body springs?

I'd think about SS springs but I don't want the car to sit that high from looking at Adam's B'cuda. But while browsing magnumhp.com I saw some billet lowering blocks so they could be used to lower the rear a little but I don't know if that's a good idea that it will work against the SS springs or if they won't hold up on a mostly street driven car.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions.

I built that same motor for a 63 valiant convertable of mine. I have a LD4B with 68 340 manifolds and a holley 670 street avenger. I only have a 2800 stahl with 3.23 and I ran 13:95 spinning like qrazy so that should be no problem. As far as the springs I have espo on mine and love the stance and ride. I have s.s. on my cuda and hate the ride on the street. They make the car very bouncey going down the road.

what are espo springs? i would like decent street handling and launching ability without raising the rear.

any recommendations?

Find some springs out of a 4 door dart with a v8 and put cal-tracs on it. It will sit good and hook!

i went with caltrac's mono leaf springs with comp eng adjustable drag shocks, and mp's adjustable pinion snubber, now i can sit on my trunk and it wont even move ahah, i got them to add an extra inch to that stock ride hight in the springs as well.

p1129672257771.jpg

that white chevelle in the pic above used to sit higher then my car. heres a side view, and the driveway my car is on is slanted downward and it would also help if i could take a straight picture lol, i think both of them are crooked lol

p1134797198113.jpg

-
Back