Looking to get Mini tub project done near Pittsburgh, PA

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all -- I was planning on doing this myself, but as always I seem to have less and less time on the weekends to do it. So I figured I would check to see here for some extra help.

I am looking for either a shop or (preferably) someone who wants to make a some extra money to do the following fabrication work on my 71 demon
- Install a 3" spring relocation kit (moved in to frame rails) -- I have the kit
- Mini tub the wheel wells (utilizing the existing wheel wells)

If any one can refer me to either a reasonable shop in or near Pittsburgh, PA or an individual looking to make some extra money who is capable of doing this work I would appreciate it.

I will trailer my car to your location. Car will be striped down of suspension and on dolly wheels.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Call Boyd's Automotive as they have my 71 Demon. They are located in the North Hills area. Where are you from in Pittsburgh? Would be cool to get together in the spring to cruise:

http://www.boydsauto.com/

D340
Thanks for the heads up on Boyd's.... Any idea what their hrly rate is?

I live in Robinson Twp but I store my cars in my warehouse in the Rocks.... 71 Demon - Project ( Was my grandma's car -- 340 clone)
71/72 Demon - Project (prostreet/protouring project I am gathering parts and starting on -- was my 72 Demon drag car/mostly street driven car up till about 2 years.)

$70.00 / hour on my Demon. I told him that you may be calling as I talk to him a couple times a week,
D340

Thanks. I sent him an email with the details and told him I would get in touch with him once I heard from him.

I live in McCandless that is maybe three miles from his shop. He is very good and Eric (shop guy) knows alot about Mopars and they will make the Demon show quality if you want them to do so. I would love to see your Demon...any pictures?

Hey all -- I was planning on doing this myself, but as always I seem to have less and less time on the weekends to do it. So I figured I would check to see here for some extra help.

I am looking for either a shop or (preferably) someone who wants to make a some extra money to do the following fabrication work on my 71 demon
- Install a 3" spring relocation kit (moved in to frame rails) -- I have the kit
- Mini tub the wheel wells (utilizing the existing wheel wells)

If any one can refer me to either a reasonable shop in or near Pittsburgh, PA or an individual looking to make some extra money who is capable of doing this work I would appreciate it.

I will trailer my car to your location. Car will be striped down of suspension and on dolly wheels.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Try this guy....... His name is Walt....
http://www.kustomkoncepts.biz/Index2.htm

they are less than 70.00 per hour.... a lot less

Kustom Koncepts is a full restoration shop that specializes in rotisserie syle restore. He will do body work for $40.00 per hour,
D340

Mini tubs are body work, arn't they?
Well in my book I would say mini tubs are body work.... and $40/hr trumps $70/hr any day of the week. I will have to check him out as well...

Thanks....

here's a few pics of both of my cars.... Green one is a long time slow moving project...yellow one is of my car when it was running low 12's all day long before I started to take it apart for this new project...

The green one I am doing 100% of it myself all the body work etc, just taking me forever... The yellow project I am willing to outsource some of the work to speed up the process... Plan -- Mini tubs, 3" spring relocation, alterkation set up, big discs, aftermarket rims, big small block motor, auto trans, some body mods, stock/custom interior etc....

I am still also looking for someone to do some renderings of what I want the car to be...

DEMON 11:19:01.jpg

progress 3:26:03.JPG

DSC02171.jpg

MVC-004S.JPG

Tail end2 - 3-26-03.JPG

demon3.jpg

demon5.jpg

DereksDemon.jpg

The guy seemed reluctant to do 'plain old' body work, but $40.00 per hour is a lot cheaper than $70.00. I will use him next winter to do some minor repairs as he is three miles from my work,
D340

I did this all to my 73 Dart. Cahe out verry well. You are more than welcome to look at mine. Takes about 3 days. Welded floor to frame Panel spot tubs Could do yours for around 500. If interested call me at 724 396 5371. I am in New Ken, and you can look at mine anytime.

I did this all to my 73 Dart. Cahe out verry well. You are more than welcome to look at mine. Takes about 3 days. Welded floor to frame Panel spot tubs Could do yours for around 500. If interested call me at 724 396 5371. I am in New Ken, and you can look at mine anytime.
$500 has my attention.... can you email me a couple pics to the following email address:

[email protected]

Would you do both the mini tubs and the frame kit for about $500?

-
Back