Looking up production...

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
What else should I include to find out what production # my car had. If you get right down to it, almost any car could be one of one...I just want to know where I should stop at.

My car had 3.91 suregrip, should that be included?
Do I include my v6x v8x codes? Ralley dash code? This was also built to canada specs car

And how does it work exactly, use the percentage against each total?

24,817 built 1970 duster 340
7,390 - 4 speed
2804 Top banana

Thanks
Phil

It is my understanding that you can't accurately break it down too far since each thing is a percentage of total production.

How does the breakdown you listed work? Of the 24,*** 340 cars were there 7,3xx 4 speeds? Is the 2,8xx top banana the total for all 340 Dusters also? If that's the way it works, I don't think the color was broken up as to how many top banana 340 cars were autos and how many were 4 speeds. Same way with the gears. I there were x,*** 3.91 geared 240 cars, I doubt it is broken down how many were auto and how many were 4 speeds.

So I don't think you can accurately say there were xx Top Banana 340 Dusters with a 4 speed, 3.91 gears, white interior, black canopy roof, and black side stripe, and a sport mirror on the driver side only. lol

May be someone who is more into researching the numbers can shed more light on this. At least I bumped it up for you lol.
Dallas

Where do you get the number of cars that were painted That color? 2804 in top banana. It has always been to my knowledge that Chrysler Corp. never kept records of that sort. They did keep a percentage of colors painted for models of cars like xx percent of all Dusters and Valiants were painted a certain color. The best you can do is engine, transmission, and the number run about half give or take a few. If 24,817 is the official number then somewhere around 12,400 were four speeds give or take a few hundred.
I have some breakdown of earlier models of cars that give 4 speed/ autos built but have never seen them for your model. I am unaware of there existence if they are out there. Would love too know your sources for this info. I would imagine there is alot of people who would like too see this info.
This salesman's guide give you an idea of paint for 72 by percentage of all Dusters and Valiants built that year

Attachments

• 73_Plymouth_advance_Info0012.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 126
I found a site that said something like 11% 1970 340 dusters were top banana. So I took the % from total 340 cars produced.

Guess you can't believe everything on the net.
Lol

it is all a ball park Chrysler really didn't keep those numbers. I believe most come from large databases and using the samples available.

-
Back