Looks like JJ's trailer caught fire Heavy and Heifer burnt.

-
yea its fishys that jjs burned up a week later than reapers,jj has another old heavy as a back up i guess,old heavys been wrecked so many times,i can see a mechanical falure but not ruling out anything else,when they was here i was looking at dough boys trailer,was missing a grease cap on one of the axles,looks like it been that way a while,i could see them avoiding any maintenace on the trailers

Okay I'm done some street racing in my day but there is no way that I would agree to the owner of the cars that I was racing against being in charge of the arm drop! Really? You don't think he could twitch a finger or give a signal to his driver right before he threw his arms down? Are people really that gullible.

Okay I'm done some street racing in my day but there is no way that I would agree to the owner of the cars that I was racing against being in charge of the arm drop! Really? You don't think he could twitch a finger or give a signal to his driver right before he threw his arms down? Are people really that gullible.
There is no reason for an arm drop start, other than to cheat the other racer. A flashlight start can be monitored with cameras, and is fair. A jump can be clearly seen.
Plus, chase-is-a-race is even worse. That makes no sense at all except as another way to cheat. As a racer at the starting line, what am i supposed to do, watch for the arm drop,then look over at the other car, and decide in an instant whether or not he jumped, then not move AT ALL, IF he did?
Nobody racing for real and for money, with a few brain cells and some street racing experience would race under those conditions, unless.....you were on the side doing the cheating.

Exactly why I posted it. Arm drops, the way it's done on this show has way too much flailing and arm movement to be consistent and fair. Rich Christensen used to do that on Pinks as well. The earlier Street Outlaws used the flashlight. Chase is a race is more kid crap foolishness. Don't penalize the one who doesn't panic!

You all are putting way to much into this. It’s just entertainment! I don’t know if you know this or not, but Superman is NOT faster than a speeding bullet!

It's not entertainment if it's not entertaining. Don't know if you know it or not, but there's no Superman!

Obviously it's not because they're mostly complaints.

Lmao, My point, thank you. You're taking this way too seriously. For every thesis, there's an anti-thesis. You can have the last word.

There is no reason for an arm drop start, other than to cheat the other racer. A flashlight start can be monitored with cameras, and is fair. A jump can be clearly seen.
Plus, chase-is-a-race is even worse. That makes no sense at all except as another way to cheat. As a racer at the starting line, what am i supposed to do, watch for the arm drop,then look over at the other car, and decide in an instant whether or not he jumped, then not move AT ALL, IF he did?
Nobody racing for real and for money, with a few brain cells and some street racing experience would race under those conditions, unless.....you were on the side doing the cheating.

All the races I ever ran in the LA area were "chase is a race". A lot of them for serious money too. You have to be clear what a chase is. There are a bunch of knuckleheads that say if you move even an inch, coming off the brake, that it's a chase. Total BS. Racing in the 80's was a lot of fun until the drug money A-holes got involved and the racers code flew out the window.

If I KNOW I have you covered, I don't care if you leave a bit early. If I run you three times, beat you by a fender every time and put you out a little bit more each time, is that cheating? Running a hustle? Is there an anti-sandbagging rule?

-
Back