Losing my job next week

-
sorry about your job man, same thing happened to me.now i just free lance .took awhile, but now i've got work more often then not....try being an estimater.....

I'd love to find a freelance guy up here to finish the little that is left on my '72 Scamp. Me and a buddy could finish it, but between our work schedules (lots of OT) and family stuff, it isn't happening... no rot, no damage, got it 90% prepped for paint (got it from a friend who is battling w/prostate issues). Just time is in short supply.
It's not a great economy, but it seems that people with a skill set that is necessary and can't be out sourced tend to fare better than degrees or low skill

Long distance truck driving I've been thinking of but helps if you have no family back home.

We need more investments here in the homeland, improving the power grid by burying all those above ground power lines would be a start but the USA has no money for that, better to spend 2.2 billion on the Mars rover.

With you having a much needed trade, now may be the time to do it on your own. I'm sure people here on FABO in your area could give you some work on their projects to jump start your own gig.

That's terrible news to get at any time, much less during the Holidays. 4404spd and I don't agree on a lot of things, but his post about getting into business for yourself, isn't bad advise if you can afford a place and some equipment.

Might be just what the doctor ordered.

I started my own business in 2008 due to being laid off and tired of working for other people and busting my a$$ and not getting paid for work completed. You can make a good business for yourself but dedication and long, long hours of your time and sweat equity are a must to become successful.

-
Back