lossin antifreeze

-

RyanUpdike70

Reaction score
i nstall new water pump I feel the radiator up with antifreeze let warm up to 190 Shut it off and come check the next day check antifreeze and it really low. Whats wrong could it be a blown head gasket or what thw pump is not leaking or hoses already check them.

is it leaking anywhere? any water in the oil? carpet wet? it could just be an air pocket from the thermostat being closed when you did the service

there was just air in the system?

Did you pull the oil dipstick to see if it looks grey and milky, and when it runs you dont see steam and water coming out more than what is normal do you?

Well top it off again, if you had a pressure tester you could find out right away, but I guess if no then get it hot withthe cap on, then retest the level after it cools.

It sound like you just had an air pocket in it somewhere and it bleed itself out overnight.

Chuck

so your leaking antifreeze from the car??? look im 17 but have dealt with this in my mechanics class...umm what i did was i topped off my car and layed plywood or plastic sheeting under the car and waited over night and lookied for any leakage the next day.... try that and get back with me

-
Back