Lost a friend today...

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Lost a friend today who I knew through my brother He was actually a long time friend of my brothers and the rest of our family.....

When our house burned down (5 years ago yesterday actually) he came and helped us demolish what was left.

he was a funny guy who made alot of people laugh. I had alot of laughs with him.

I feel bad about him not being here any more but I feel worse for people like my brother and others who were much closer to him than I was.

Sadly....he made poor choices that ended with tragedy.

So ....to any of you out there who may do drugs or know people that do drugs....rather you think you are made of steel or have built an immune to what ever or whatever the case may be .....wise up and stay clean.....and if you have a friend that does it ....then do what you can to help put a stop to it.

I had not spoke with him in awhile and was unaware he was into some of the stuff he was. not sure any of his friends were aware or I am sure someone would have spoke up.

don't wait until its to late.

Sorry to hear it Dude,I've lost several friend's to drug's and drink.

Sorry for your loss... So thankful I am not a user.. Good advice on helping others..

I have seen many people get on the bad side of the fence because "its the thing to do". while I have never lost anyone close to me from that situation, i do understand what it feels like to lose someone. I am sorry for your loss and i believe that everyone here will agree, that if you are into messing with that stuff, there is no light at the end of the tunnel, the grass isnt greener on the other side, it will only lead to your undoing. again, Im sorry for your loss
-Will

It's hard when friends have demons they can't control and there's nothing anyone can do to save them. Share the good memories with his family and friends.

Thanks guys.

Like I said....I feel bad about it and its a tough thing to deal with when someone you know is no longer there and hard to comprehend you wont see them again.

But I really feel bad for my brother and the others that were close to him because I know its much harder on them.

last night another friend of mine was out drinking and driving and flipped is new chevy pickup end over end and then rolled it.

he thankfully is ok .....but he has a kid and I cant understand why he would even risk making such a stupid choice.

I don't do any drugs.....for one I am to dang broke to even think about it lol....and two.....it does nothing for me and I have no need for any of it.

I will on OCCASION drink a few beers....maybe once every few months.....but Ill have someone sober drive if I am out and about or ill just sit around home or where ever I am at.

I have a family and friends and I want to be here so I don't like taking risks.

heck....when I was a teenager I drove like a dang fool....I would speed down back country roads, get sideways on all corners and all that stuff and I remember always thinking how slow my parents drove.......now that I have a family of my own I find myself driving at or under the speed limit and being the same kind of driver I accused my parents of being lol.

some people just don't know their limits when it comes to drugs and what not.....so it really helps if a friend or family is there to tell them enough is enough......to bad for our friend that no one either knew or was to coward to stand up and say enough is enough.

My condolensces DD72, I have lost a few friends, some foolishly, but never to drugs. It is all in the will power and what you want out of life.

I've been to way too many funerals for that same reason. Sorry to hear of your loss and even more for those that were even closer to him.

this is sad. i have had a few friends that were able to kick the habit but not before abusing family and friends. sounds like your friend was meaning well with out others knowing of his troubles. sorry for your loss.

I have lost many many friends to drugs, alcohol, bullets, boobie traps and most recently IED's
NO loss is ever good
I have found you rarely grieve for them, but for yourself as the loss suffered is to you, they are at peace.

FOR whatever the reason, "SALUTE!" to those that have gone before us to pave the way!!

Im sorry to hear that.
I had a drug and drink problem myself but I survived and sobered up. I am a member of AA and have lost so many friends that I met in the rooms that I have lost count. They go back out and never come back.

Lost my buddy of 35 years just a couple of weeks ago. He was also one who made many bad choices in his life that ultimately killed him. He got out of his truck in a parking lot and dropped dead of a heart attack at 51.

Problem is there's drugs and then there is very bad drugs.

You can't compare weed with meth. And those same Meth users will try any other drug they can get their hands on to.

And you got people today more than ever lacing weed with who knows what ? I mooched in the past in Toronto, how 3--4 puffs can get you to trip for hours I have no idea, its messed up. And this is right at a big hemp store, well the hemp store owns the smoke place. Hemp people used to be totally against any other drug, even tobacco, not any more for what i seen.

Sad thing is lots of college kids hang out at the place, how many are in to the lace weed who knows, some kids likely don't even know its laced, maybe they are told its really strong bud?

Same with drinking, why drink so much ? 1 to 3 drinks should be enough for one night. Mix drinks are the worst cause all most every bar uses more than 1 shot for each drink.

I don't enjoy drinking, gets me sleepy or down. I did enjoy it for a few years but i made a fool of myself and came close to getting arrested a couple of times, so I quit drinking and smoking pot for 8 full months--long story why 8 months--but after I never enjoyed more than 3 drinks again.

I seen reports its people dna if they are more likely to get hook on fatty food and alcohol, westerns have the gene, easterners do not have the gene, I'm greek with some Poland blood in me

I don't think its "in the genes"

My whole family partakes in some "unmentionable" smoke from time to time.

me however.....its not for me.

I wasnt comparing weed to coke or anything like that.

but as alot of people say....weed is a gateway drug......more specifically I would say that certain folks in the crowd of weed smokers are the gateway to other drugs....not the weed itself.....peer pressure gets ahold of alot of people.

my friend was no kid......he should have known what he was doing was chaulked full of risks but.......to little to late I suppose .

I wouldnt say people who smoke weed are "dopers" or drug addicts or anything like that....I know alot of people who perform much better in their day to day after a couple puffs....and I think that it would probably aid in turning the economy around some if it were to be made legal.

anyways....

I just got home from the visitation at the funeral home of a friend of mine that past away of cancer. He was 81 yrs old and had been sober for 30 something years. I met Ramsey in the rooms of Alcoholic Anonymous when I first got sober.

So it goes to show that a alcoholic or addict doesn't have to die as the result of using. Ramsey had 30 something years to make amends to his family and friends, help others stay sober, and show people that one can sober up.... live... and die a sober man.

-
Back