Lost Items from 1970 Duster 340 FM3 Pink

-

drduster

Reaction score
VS29H0B267746

We recently purchased a '70 Duster 340. Everything on the car indicates it was originally FM3 Moulin Rouge, but have no fender tag or broadcast sheet for proof. Also missing original 340 & 727 automatic. We traced car back to Colorado as far back as the mid 90's. Car has parts to indicate it was built with California emissions, so it may have spent some time there too. Thank you.

IMG_6485.JPG

That car is stunning!
Love the paint and the stance!!

Beautiful car! If it has Cali. emissions, then it was built at the factory for Cali. Cali. DMV is not helpful in researching old cars. Good luck on your search.

VS29H0B267746

We recently purchased a '70 Duster 340. Everything on the car indicates it was originally FM3 Moulin Rouge, but have no fender tag or broadcast sheet for proof. Also missing original 340 & 727 automatic. We traced car back to Colorado as far back as the mid 90's. Car has parts to indicate it was built with California emissions, so it may have spent some time there too. Thank you.

View attachment 1716100410
Have you been able to speak to any of the previous owners from the last 20+ years? Does the Dash VIN match the radiator support and package tray numbers? What you're missing hurts resale and most likely helped you in purchase price some I would think.

In addition to the radiator support numbers, there should also be numbers stamped in the driver side trunk channel under the weather stripping.

Also Build sheet tucked up in springs of rear seat. I've heard of someone finding one above the glovebox but probably a fluke.

In addition to the radiator support numbers, there should also be numbers stamped in the driver side trunk channel under the weather stripping.
I didn't think the partial VIN was in the trunk drivers side gutter. I'm not sure what model years but I know my 70 has the partial VIN under the package tray. Should be able to make it out from the trunk.

Is there a certicard ( don't know when they stopped that.) But I was able to track down an origional owner from the info on the card.

That car is stunning!
Love the paint and the stance!!
Thank you, we're very pleased with it & are having fun working on it.
Beautiful car! If it has Cali. emissions, then it was built at the factory for Cali. Cali. DMV is not helpful in researching old cars. Good luck on your search.
This car was built in Hamtramck plant & has the vapor canister in trunk as well as the extra vapor line that runs to the front of the car.
Have you been able to speak to any of the previous owners from the last 20+ years? Does the Dash VIN match the radiator support and package tray numbers? What you're missing hurts resale and most likely helped you in purchase price some I would think.
Yes, we found the gentleman who restored the car & had it since '96. Hoping to find someone with info prior.
Not having trouble finding numbers on the car, just looking for things that are missing. Thank you.
Also Build sheet tucked up in springs of rear seat. I've heard of someone finding one above the glovebox but probably a fluke.
Checked in all the usual places, in the seats, under the carpet, above the glove box & above the gas tank.
Is there a certicard ( don't know when they stopped that.) But I was able to track down an origional owner from the info on the card.
They stopped using certicard before 1970. Thanks.

Nice Duster!!

Regardless if it’s an orignal FM3 Duster, the good news is you would have knocked the seller price down for it not having a numbers matching drivetrain in addition to no broadcast and no fender tag. No reason why that car should be sold at an inflated price for missing all the key documentation to prove anything about it (except for the VIN plate info indicating it‘s a H code Duster!)

I found mine tucked in the seat springs. However, it was too deteriorated and crumbled. Could only read a couple numbers on it.

Love the car, also haven't seen that color on a duster before.

-
Back