Lost my little doggy.

-
I am so sorry for your loss. Riley was a handsome little guy, and no doubt a faithful companion. He will be patiently waiting for you at The Rainbow Bridge.We finally got to looking for another Shi Tzu after almost 2 years since we lost Prissy and found one in a rescue in Spartanburg, SC. We were waiting on them to do all the Vet checks before we picked him up. He is an older guy that someone found walking right down the middle of Wade Hampton Blvd. We went to meet him and it went really well. They let us know yesterday, that he took a big dive off the couch at the foster home and hurt himself, so now it's a wait and see until he goes through anesthesia to get his teeth he knocked out or broke, fixed. We're on pins and needles until we hear back on Friday, so say a little prayer for Thurman the Shitzoo to do well in surgery.
Just saw this.
Absolutely, prayers for Thurman.
Riley dove off our sofa years ago when the doorbell rang. I kept rugs in front of the sofa so he could get up and down, but this time he jumped across and hit the slick floor. This resulted in a couple injured discs. Thankfully, he seemed to fully recover.
20181204_062734.jpg
The vet told me to keep him in a crate so he wouldn't be running or jumping. No problem. He didn't want to move for several days.

Sorry she is starting to have trouble. The black and white ones are beautiful dogs, and Belle looks a great deal like Rags, the 2nd one we had. Sadly, ol Ragsie had the same conditions as Belle. She made it for several years before we finally had to let her go. She started having seizures, which are horrible to watch, and very scary for the animal when they come out of them because it supposedly affects their vision pretty badly. Having to make the decision to let them go never gets easier. I've had to do it for 4 Shi Tzu's and a big orange Tabby cat. All were hard, but Prissy affected me the worst. She was with me for 1/4 of my life. I wish the best for Miss Belle.

Sorry she is starting to have trouble. The black and white ones are beautiful dogs, and Belle looks a great deal like Rags, the 2nd one we had. Sadly, ol Ragsie had the same conditions as Belle. She made it for several years before we finally had to let her go. She started having seizures, which are horrible to watch, and very scary for the animal when they come out of them because it supposedly affects their vision pretty badly. Having to make the decision to let them go never gets easier. I've had to do it for 4 Shi Tzu's and a big orange Tabby cat. All were hard, but Prissy affected me the worst. She was with me for 1/4 of my life. I wish the best for Miss Belle.

This is exactly what Belle did in January. At first I thought she had found something stinky on the driveway to roll around on... until her head arched back and she started squeeling. A syncope is a heart related event.
Then Riley did the same thing twice early Feb 12. The second time he couldn't stand up. He was also nearly deaf and blind and seemed to have some dimentia. I had to let him go.

So sorry for your loss. I am 73 and we have lost 5 pets over the years. It is a terrible thing. Just think about the years of happiness and the joy and love that existed. Try to take joy in that.

-
Back