Lou Furlong

-

brian6pac

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a guy named Lou Furlong, A mopar drag race guy from back in the 60's 70's.
Rumor has it that he made a hand full of deep 727 trans pans.

Anybody know of a guy named Lou Furlong, A mopar drag race guy from back in the 60's 70's.
Rumor has it that he made a hand full of deep 727 trans pans.
Lou lived in n canton Ohio. He used to race an old station wagon 62 or 63 maybe with a 426 wedge. Hell if a racer and mechanic. Had daughters Debby and Dottie. We used to race a 427 Chevy biscane and always had a time beating him. Just him and a dirty single car garage filled with parts. If u locate him say hi from me.

I will if I can find him. I have a trans pan with the name Furlong on it and I live close to canton, some one was saying he moved out of state. I was just curious about the pan and if he made it.
Brian

I will if I can find him. I have a trans pan with the name Furlong on it and I live close to canton, some one was saying he moved out of state. I was just curious about the pan and if he made it.
Brian

Hi Brian, I'm actually Lou's grandson and came across this post. Unfortunately, Lou passed away in the 80's. Him and my father, Lance, made a lot of pans back in the day with the name Furlong Industries on them. I've even found a few old catalogs from the 70s. Not sure if there is anything else you'd like to know. One of Lou's cars is in Garlits' Museum in Florida (I believe it was his '62 Sport Fury).

Hi Matthew, Welcome aboard, Yea I figured he was gone or very old most of the older racers I hung around in the 70's are gone as well. I have his trans pan hanging on my wall, if I get a chance I'll post a picture of it, I'm sure you seen a few.
Thanks for the info
Brian

Here is a picture of my Furlong Industries pan hanging on the wall, been cleaning up the garage and making room on sheves by selling things I don't want and hanging things on the wall

IMG_3977.JPG

Here is a picture of my Furlong Industries pan hanging on the wall, been cleaning up the garage and making room on sheves by selling things I don't want and hanging things on the wall

View attachment 1715208178

Amazing. Thanks for sharing. I’ve never actually seen them so it’s neat to see. I sent the picture to my dad. The garage they made them in is still there and still filled with all of their stuff. It’s been quite some time since anyone has been in there but I’m sure there are still some of those in there.

This is late, but it perked my interest. I knew Lou casually when he raced at the Magnolia drag strip back in the 60’s. I am currently framing a t-shirt from Don Garlits museum with his signature. when I bought the shirt I was unaware of it having Lou’s car on it. He and Don becam acquainted when they were at Chrysler corp. being courted by MOPAR! And I have Don’s signature on Lou’s car on the shirt!

-
Back