Loud beeping sound under hood

-
also check the carb gasket, if it is an open plenum intake and has a gasket for direct throttle bores you will have to cut that part out

Ok guys, I finally got to work on the dart again. I got the engine warm, pulled the belt and started it, the noise was still there. I then got about 3 foot of heater hose and started trying to pin point where the noise is coming from. It sounds similar to a tea kettle on the stove when it releases steam. With the heater hose I could tell the noise was coming from the carb right around the choke housing. I pulled this little cap off of this vaccum port and the noise stopped. With the cap off you can put your thumb over the port and make the noise start again. I am thinking I have a vaccum leak somewhere else and pulling this cap changes things enough to stop the noise. Any thoughts? Carb gasket? Are there any other gaskets I should check or replace?

Attachments

• 2013-03-03_13-52-05_921.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 117
  • 2013-03-03_13-46-08_207.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 112
If you pull that choke spring housing off, there are gaskets between it and the carb body that may be missing or squeeling from the air going by them.
Fire it up with that housing off and plug the port in the carb body and see if it still makes the noise.
If it does not when plugged at the carb body then cover that port with a peice of gasket material between the choke spring body and the carb.

At least now you know a trick to find stupid annoying noises. :)

sounds like a bearing harmonic. Could be alt bearing or waterpump bearing. Whoops...didn't read the second page of posts before I posted this.

Thanks to everyone who replied with help. I got the noise fixed this weekend. I bought a carb rebuild kit and replaced the gasket that goes between the plastic and the housing on the choke and a little o-ring between the housing and the carb body. Anyway noise is gone now! Thanks FABO!

-
Back