loud knocking...

-

no1newb

Reaction score
So out of nowhere, there is a knocking coming from the front right suspension(Im assuming) its only when im slowing down or at low speeds, over 20 it seems fine, but when i slow down it starts knocking, its not always constant, but I just took it around the block and i dont know that i feel comfortable taking it out.

Just a thought here but I just had a very similar issue, I thought I had wiped out the trust bearing but the bolts on my fex plate to torque converter had losened to the point of hitting the block, but ONLY when decelerating and NOT when accelerating. All good now and used blue lock tight on em.

its a 4 speed, so when i usually am in neutral or have the clutch pushed in, so it shouldnt be the engine.

and i pushed on the fender to make it move, but it didnt make any sound then. idk if that would mean anything.

My 72 Dart does the same thing, from the right front suspension. I never thought anything bad of it, and it will only do it sometimes, when I come to a complete stop kinda hard, then knocks just one time. My front end has been rebuilt.

Maybe just lube the bushings? Thats what I was going to do.

If it has disc brakes, check that the caliper bolts are tight.

i did just convert to disc brakes, i should probably check the caliper, that would be easy enough.

-
Back