Love The Beast (movie)

-

Tano_440

Reaction score
Hi there, I've just seen this movie, and it talked to my heart...

Here's the trailer:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmkpsQmsRpI"]‪Love the Beast Trailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And here's a quote:
"It's what non-car people don't get. They see all cars as just ton-and-a-half, two-tons of wires, glass, metal and rubber. That's all they see. People like you or I know, we have an unshakable belief that cars are living entities. Not like a Toyota Carolla obviously, but a real... You can develop a relationship with a car. And that's just what non-car people don't get. Charles Babbage, the inventor of the computer in the 18th century talked about the unerring certainty of machinery. Ok, now the problem you have with the unerring certainty of machinery is that it is a machine. When something has follies and won't handle properly, that gives it a particularly human quality because it makes mistakes. And that's how you can build a relationship with a car that other people won't get." Jeremy Clarkson (Love the beast)

Take your time and watch it, it's a movie that talks about us.

Saw the article a while back in Hot Rod .Eric Bana has a lot invested in that car emotionally.Thanks for the info.

Obviously he was filming the movie as it went along because when he crashed that thing the movie's whole direction changed. :D

What the heck was Dr. Phil doing in anything manly?

Well,what did you expect?Give the guy credit,at least he bashed on it.

Hope he rebuilds it. Sounded like he might at the end of the movie.

Saw it awhile ago, really enjoyed it. Wish they had talked a little bit more about the car. :)

I've seen that movie a few times. It rocks. Anyone who hasn't seen it should.

I've seen that movie a few times. It rocks. Anyone who hasn't seen it should.

Took your advise and punched it up on Netflix. Thought I would have to wait a day or two but it was a Watch instantly movie. Brings back memories of The Dart when I first got it. Funny how pictures of you and your car don't seem like that long ago. I didn't have money to fix my car the last couple years so I fixed my dad's Javelin. Its a lot easier when somebody else pays for parts. He still doesn't drive it that often. I guess according to Dr. fill :pottytra: it just has to be there. I guess somethings don't run in the family! :burnout:

I also watched it instantly tonight on Netflix, awesome movie.

Oh, and it stated that he plans to rebuild the car, hell, he might already ahve rebuilt it by now.

FF

Eric Bana did an interview with one of the local car magazines down here about the time that the movie was released, and indicated that it was being rebuilt in-between work comittments - I'm pretty sure he said the shell was being straightened out at the time. I haven't heard anything more about it since.

Edit: found some info - looks like he has had it all straightened out. Pictures here http://www.xfalcon.com/forum/showthread.php?35382-Eric-Bana-s-XB-rebuilt& if anyone wants a look

Eric Bana did an interview with one of the local car magazines down here about the time that the movie was released, and indicated that it was being rebuilt in-between work comittments - I'm pretty sure he said the shell was being straightened out at the time. I haven't heard anything more about it since.

Edit: found some info - looks like he has had it all straightened out. Pictures here http://www.xfalcon.com/forum/showthread.php?35382-Eric-Bana-s-XB-rebuilt& if anyone wants a look

Awesome link. Thanks mate. There is some serious suspension going on there.

Just that trailer spoke to my heart, I plan on watching it in a minute.

-
Back