Low Dollar 318 Grand Finale Exit !!

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
2016 we did the low dollar 318 (498.00 bucks) in the Duster. 2.76 gears, stock converter, 14.95 @ 94.9 MPH.
Many have asked "what do you think it would do if it was given a chance? Gears, converter? Before we pull it, we are going to find out!

Original thread - my Low dollar 318 hop-up project

and video update

I think you can do it, converter and gears will make the track times, but the sad thing its really not going to be enjoyable on the street.
When I think gears, its around a 4.30 or maybe at least a 4.10.

I think you can do it, converter and gears will make the track times, but the sad thing its really not going to be enjoyable on the street.
When I think gears, its around a 4.30 or maybe at least a 4.10.
It won't stay that way long, just enough to give the low dollar 318 a decent shot at turning a time vs stock converter and 2.76's

What gears and converter will you try?

I would guess knocking off .5, maybe .75 and maybe ? a little more with headers.My totally unprofessional opinion.

What gears and converter will you try?

I would guess knocking off .5, maybe .75 and maybe ? a little more with headers.My totally unprofessional opinion.
We'll see what I can get my hands on ...... I'd like a 4.10 gear

You gonna do converter and gears at the same time? Or start with say the converter 1st then add gears? Either way looking forward to the results.

Let it all hang out, brother. 4.30 and a converter that'll flash 4500. ...and put the headers on it.

One last thing. Between now and then, cut back on the biscuits.

You gonna do converter and gears at the same time? Or start with say the converter 1st then add gears? Either way looking forward to the results.
All in one shot ...... Go for the gusto!

Let it all hang out, brother. 4.30 and a converter that'll flash 4500. ...and put the headers on it.

One last thing. Between now and then, cut back on the biscuits.
give up biscuits and gravy??? I'll give up a tenth first
:lol:

I cannot disagree. Homemade biscuits and sausage gravy is one of Kitty's trademark dishes. One of many, I might add. lol

....and I agree with not backin off the biscuits, so that means you have to do somethin to make up for it. Headers.

Side note: I renewed my subscription here for FABO Gold Membership. I see some have tried to send me a PM but my inbox was full. Should work now. Thanks.
And thanks to @Joeychgo :)

Nothing wrong with good biscuits and gravy.
Make the gravy out of the sausage grease, good old brown gravy, not the commercial white gravy crap.

And make sure the pipes point straight-back......
ewwww....no. Point them down at like a 45 about in the middle of the back of the quarters. You have no taste. lol

Nothing wrong with good biscuits and gravy.
Make the gravy out of the sausage grease, good old brown gravy, not the commercial white gravy crap.
You ain't tasted Kitty's homemade white sausage gravy. You'd never eat that brown crud again on biscuits.

ewwww....no. Point them down at like a 45 about in the middle of the back of the quarters. You have no taste. lol
That's at least 4 biscuits worth of compensatory thrust, I give up nothing!!!

Collecting parts already..... Unfortunately, track usually opens in April - it will be here soon enough but yet it seems so far away .... :D

... and see, your junk sits up good in the front. Stock ride height. This is your chance to prove to the naysaying masses that the cheap Summit headers will WORK.

Headers man. Headers. lol

... and see, your junk sits up good in the front. Stock ride height. This is your chance to prove to the naysaying masses that the cheap Summit headers will WORK.

Headers man. Headers. lol
I think if I go headers, I'll go Dougs. After putting them on my '76 Duster, I cannot imagine doing anything else. #5 & 7 plugs are easy to get at, I swapped starters in 20 minutes with the header on, and no steering components go through the headers. But I am considering Doug's.....

-
Back