Low Dollar RV 440 into a '79 Dodge Magnum

-
This had steel both top and bottom... not sure if that had anything to do with a RV or somebody else was in there before me. It was a very good, tight chain and I could have saved 75 bucks by not replacing it. But yes, if an engine has the nylon cam gear, i highly recommend replacing it for sure!
Mine is a 78 motorhome. Nylons chain and the small peanut spark plugs. Not the crazy RV heads. Just 452s

My '76 CB300 440 had an all-steel silent set in it as well, and it was definitely untouched internally based on the ridiculously-low miles and internal condition. There was still some of the protective coating on the journal side of the main/rod bearings and the crosshatch could be felt, not just seen. The timing set was in great shape, but I trashed it anyhow. The silent chains are stretch-prone in HP usage, especially with hotter cams and stiffer springs.

Got the call today, heads are done. I'll pick them up tomorrow. Also, our weather has been cold, windy, snowy for March even here.... LOL , and ye''all know I work outside.
Hope to get going on this in full swing....

One Piston Wonder ... making good on the cylinder that had rust
we are able to get back on the 440, progress made .... Hopefully this project grows legs and gets a little gitty-up so this car can return to the street!

Been a while since I've updated .... But we finally got back on it. The 440 should be ready to install in the '79 Magnum.

Very nice. A Hughes whiplash cam will wake that up a bunch should you decide to change anything down the road.

Last edited:
-
Back