Low Rider Mopars

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I have been doing some thinking. Wanting to do something different with my Doba and have been thinking about making it a low rider like this. No low riders I have posted are mine but were found on the internet.

attachment.php

004.jpg

I never thought about a Doba as a lowrider. But I must say that looks sic! They look like they are meant to be lowriders!

Not my cup of tea, but I really do appreciate the craftsmanship and art that goes into them. The attention to detail on some of these is fraking breathtaking.

Here are some pics that 2darts photoshopped for me :glasses7:

Attachments

• fabofurylow4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 734
  • fabofurylow.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 710
  • fabofurylow2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 714
  • fabofurylow3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 714
the only difference between a lowered mopar and a low rider is the wheels. :blackeye:

You know very little about low riders Rani. I suggest you go do some research on the subject.

just sayin ...they both look horrible.....you cant have a muscle car sitting on the ground .....stance is everything for a true muscle car ....they didnt make A12 superbees or S/S cudas sit on the ground like a pimp car for a reason ....good reason

Again HE'LL NO!

Certain Mopars can look really cool as low riders... Basically all the ones that don't make good "muscle cars" like C-bodies, mid-late '70s cars, etc. Don't worry I don't think Mopar guys are going to start air-bagging their Chargers and Cudas LOL...

FWIW I think those low-rider Cordobas look badass and I would consider doing mine up like that if I owned one.

just sayin ...they both look horrible.....you cant have a muscle car sitting on the ground .....stance is everything for a true muscle car ....they didnt make A12 superbees or S/S cudas sit on the ground like a pimp car for a reason ....good reason

I want to know when a Cordoba became a muscle car? Cordoba were built for comfort and cruising not built to be a mucle car like a Road Runner, Superbee,or Cuda

Cliff I am a firm believer to each his own, and you do with your car as you please. However if you do that to your car I may just have to shot you.:violent1:

Basically all the ones that don't make good "muscle cars" like C-bodies, mid-late '70s cars, etc.

Bingo! but not in a bad way bcoz still nothing wrong with C-barges and later stuff.........i got skeered thinking that ppl were suggesting that its ok to do that to a muscle car

I want to know when a Cordoba became a muscle car? Cordoba were built for comfort and cruising not built to be a mucle car like a Road Runner, Superbee,or Cuda

ok your right ...point noted ....but i still say the stock ride hights look better.....Chrysler put a lot of money into engineering for max comfort and i doubt that little road hazard wheels and 1/4 inch of ground clearance were part of the plan

Modern Pro-Stock cars aren't raised up like the ol A12s. Does that mean they have no performance potential?

Certain Mopars can look really cool as low riders... Basically all the ones that don't make good "muscle cars" like C-bodies, mid-late '70s cars, etc. Don't worry I don't think Mopar guys are going to start air-bagging their Chargers and Cudas LOL...

FWIW I think those low-rider Cordobas look badass and I would consider doing mine up like that if I owned one.

I agree it's not a mopar and it does look great as a low rider.

Cliff I am a firm believer to each his own, and you do with your car as you please. However if you do that to your car I may just have to shot you.:violent1:

I will hide in your closet if you try LOL

Bingo! but not in a bad way bcoz still nothing wrong with C-barges and later stuff.........i got skeered thinking that ppl were suggesting that its ok to do that to a muscle car

ok your right ...point noted ....but i still say the stock ride hights look better.....Chrysler put a lot of money into engineering for max comfort and i doubt that little road hazard wheels and 1/4 inch of ground clearance were part of the plan

The factory nose high stance looks like crap and I am not going to raise the rear end, again Cordoba look great as a low rider.You are trying to be a purist and you are making changes to cars that did not come that way

Modern Pro-Stock cars aren't raised up like the ol A12s. Does that mean they have no performance potential?

well the pro-stock cars push a ton of horsepower and so does a Ferrari ....but they still dont capture the true heritage, Nostalgia and essence of Mopar racing and super stock programs in its original form of the 60s and original style that these cars were born with

well the pro-stock cars push a ton of horsepower and so does a Ferrari ....but they still dont capture the true heritage, Nostalgia and essence of Mopar racing and super stock programs

There are the Key words Rani. People now a days don't know the difference between a Cordoba and a Monte Carlo. You can make all the arguments you want. A Cordoba is not or will ever be a true muscle car. A Cordoba was a last ditch effort by Chrysler to bring in customers at a time when they were going bankrupt. If you look at the body lines they closely resemble a Chevy

There are the Key words Rani. People now a days don't know the difference between a Cordoba and a Monte Carlo. You can make all the arguments you want. A Cordoba is not or will ever be a true muscle car. A Cordoba was a last ditch effort by Chrysler to bring in customers at a time when they were going bankrupt. If you look at the body lines they closely resemble a Chevy

well the late 70s were a time of personal luxury ......and to me i agree with the above statement of each to his or her own ....but IMO your cordoba captures the true heritage of Chrysler of the times of the late 70s.
those low-riders and customs have no regard for the times and historical statement of these cars.

your doba as-is is a time machine to days long gone and will never come back .....and to me thats what ppl on avaerage like to see.....

at a car show i would rather take a pic with your original or period correct doba than a Ferrari or some pimp car

the point of restoring a car is rewind the hands of time and re-capture what was at one time .......but like everything else ...in a world where everything is destined to die and decay...true history can come at a big price and time is not always easy to rewind

-
Back