low vacuum with boosted brakes

-

jeppe

Reaction score
I have low vacuum from engine because cam, brakes are hard when first starting to drive the car. What do you suggest i do for my power brakes? I have looked at leed`s vacuum pump but is there anything else *** good but not so pricey.

Convert to manual brakes. A bodies are light. They really don't need power brakes.

Rusty is correct. Just switch to manual brakes - cost effective and simple solution.
If you need power brakes that bad. Change your cam back or buy a vac pump.

Yeah i think car dosnt pass inspection if i swich to manual brake.

Why wouldn't it pass inspection? Lots of factory manual disc brakes out there. Do they inspect reading the build sheet out there?

I have a '70 Charger with a fairly big cam in a 495 cubic inch big block.
I tried running a manual master cylinder with the 4 wheel disc setup and the pedal effort was way too high.
I was simply trying to emulate the feel and performance of a basic A body front disc, rear drum arrangement. I have built several Darts and Dusters with 11" front discs from a 73-76 A body, 10" rear drums and a non power assisted 15/16" master cylinder. Those setups are fantastic. My 4 wheel disc setup is finally optimized but to get there in this heavier car, I had to use a vacuum pump and an inline storage tank.

614 G.jpeg

614 H.jpeg

617 ZI.JPG

There's always hydra boost.

-
Back